• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    maybe we should just fight the current battle and not waste time on Reagan from twenty years ago or the battles that may or may not occur in the future. All this nonsense about Reagan apologists means nothing here and now, it just sounds like tit for tat bs we'll never get anywhere with that.

It was my way of saying this has been going on for decades on both sides of the aisle and we need a full overhaul of both sides if we ever want our freedoms back. If those who idolize him are butt hurt then good as it makes my point even clearer that people on both sides of the aisle want to rewrite history and will again with this president IF we don't put a stop to his cronies and vote in real constitution following officials.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

As a C&R holder I absolutely despise this nonsense. These new rule changes won't do a single thing to reduce crime or stop another mass shooting.

All that President Obama did was throw a bone to his gun control nut supporters.

That said, I am content at this time. The reason is, you see, is that NO permanent damage has been done. The President can claim a token measure or victory for his wing, this will get them off his back, and he will move on.

Then, in three (3) years IF we can get a Pro2A dude (or dudette) in the WH this can be as easily removed as it was put into place. Who knows? It may even be illegal somewhere and overturned in the courts.

Never forget - what can easily be done can just as easily be undone.

Again, for the record, I hate this nonsense and wish it had never happened. It is pointless! I am just looking at it as a temporary speedbump and the glass is half full. Be thankful that the [STRIKE]idiots[/STRIKE], uh, [STRIKE]goobers[/STRIKE], legislators didn't pass any laws!

Panic over. Time to move on. Wait until November 2015 and HOPE for CHANGE!

Regards,

Doug

Last edited:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    To All,

As a C&R holder I absolutely despise this nonsense. These new rule changes won't do a single thing to reduce crime or stop another mass shooting.

All that President Obama did was throw a bone to his gun control nut supporters.

That said, I am content at this time. The reason is, you see, is that NO permanent damage has been done. The President can claim a token measure or victory for his wing, this will get them off his back, and he will move on.

Panic over. Time to move on. Wait until November 2015 and HOPE for CHANGE!

Regards,

Doug

I'm not optimistic. Bush could have undone the Clinton ban on imports from China. But he didn't.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Executive order | Define Executive order at Dictionary.com
    executive order

noun ( often initial capital letters ) an order having the force of law issued by the president of the U.S. to the army, navy, or other part of the executive branch of the government.

FAQ's About Executive Orders

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_order_(United_States)
    United States Presidents issue executive orders to help officers and agencies of the executive branch manage the operations within the federal government itself. Executive orders have the full force of law,[SUP][1][/SUP] since issuances are typically made in pursuance of certain Acts of Congress, some of which specifically delegate to the President some degree of discretionary power (delegated legislation), or are believed to take authority from a power granted directly to the Executive by the Constitution. However, these perceived justifications cited by Presidents when authoring Executive Orders have come under criticism for exceeding executive authority; at various times throughout U.S. history, challenges to the legal validity or justification for an order have resulted in legal proceedings.

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    :dunno: WTH?! Did the POTUS watch "Gran Torino" for the in-flight movie on his last trip aboard AF-1? Clint Eastwood was menacing-looking with his M-1. Or maybe he watched Full Metal Jacket......SMDH

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    :dunno: WTH?! Did the POTUS watch "Gran Torino" for the in-flight movie on his last trip aboard AF-1? Clint Eastwood was menacing-looking with his M-1. Or maybe he watched Full Metal Jacket......SMDH
    Yeah, I bet it was Gran Torino. Seeing a citizen defend his property against thugs just didn't sit right with the President.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The proposed ATFE rule on gun trusts was proposed by NFA collectors

That's about par for the course. NFATCA says "How 'bout if you eliminate the CLEO signature for everyone, but you can require background checks for trust holders?" and ATF says "OK, we'll require background checks and CLEO signature for trust holders". :wallbash:

How 'bout enough with the "good ideas," guys?

ETA - here's NFATCA's spin:
    http://www.nfatca.org/pubs/NFATCA_Statement_083113.pdf

"the government ****ed us!" Really? I'm shocked. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    This is nothing more than a huge middle finger to the american people, he is taking a jab at the gun collectors, cuz he knows this will not hurt him in any way with his voting base, instead they will think he is doing a great thing! This makes him look good since the articles are about "gun control" when in reality it doesnt really do much of anything on gun control. So its a win win for him, he pisses off the people that stopped him from getting something by taking away a tiny piece of the puzzle. Plain and simple this man is a CHILD

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    That's about par for the course. NFATCA says "How 'bout if you eliminate the CLEO signature for everyone, but you can require background checks for trust holders?" and ATF says "OK, we'll require background checks and CLEO signature for trust holders". :wallbash:

How 'bout enough with the "good ideas," guys?

did one not need to have a background check when having a gun registered with a trust before this EA?

Top Bottom