• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    After my recent frustration trying to acquire an M1D from another collector I decided it was time to step back from the Garand's and pickup something a little out of the ordinary. So when a Mas 49/56 & 49/56 sniper came available I decided it was time to add one to my collection. This rifle is chambered in the French 7.5mm round, and is pictured with the sling, 2 spare magazines, night sight adaptor,cleaning kit, tool kit, oil bottle, spare firing pin holder, bayonet with scabbard, rifle cover, and the standard optical sight, the APX L Model 1953 telescope with 3.85X magnification and scope case.[/COLOR]

Last edited:

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Some cool 7.5 Frenchie rifles. Nice score. BTW your post is hard to read due to the color selected. Or maybe some other issue. :dunno:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    7.5 Harry, hear that the 308's are very "hit or miss" with reliability

Nice MT! I had one in 308 and never had any issues with it, but it just didn't "fit" me as well as I would've liked so I sold it. I had to put a cheek riser on the stock to get a good sight picture with my scope.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    My understanding is that done right, a .308 conversion can run with ruthless reliability. The problem is that the majority in circulation are Century conversions (!) as true for form for Century are a complete roll of the dice.

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    My understanding is that done right, a .308 conversion can run with ruthless reliability. The problem is that the majority in circulation are Century conversions (!) as true for form for Century are a complete roll of the dice.
    My understanding is the 308 conversions suffer from being over gassed because of the moving of the gas port 3/4" closer to the action leading to extraction issues. There is a fix for the 308 conversions that will limit the amount of gas that is bled of the barrel.

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    WTF Miller Tyme?!? Next thing you're going to be posting about wine and stinky cheese?:dunno:

But seriously, very nice rifles! Always good to broaden one's horizons. :yesway::yesway:
    LMAO, good to hear from you John, thought you might have gone on an extended tour of the Karelian Isthmus in search of some rare Finns.

P.S. and yes Lynn has me on a "wine diet"

Top Bottom