• d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Listening to the scanner and have picked up police and swat at an active shooter situation at a grocery store in Boulder, CO area.

Not a whole lot of details. Talks of 3 shooters. Swat staging at the moment

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Listening to the scanner and have picked up police and swat at an active shooter situation at a grocery store in Boulder, CO area.

Not a whole lot of details. Talks of 3 shooters. Swat staging at the moment
    This :poop: really needs to stop, enough already. Just another................... .I predict .............................. completely outlawed. "Kowtow"

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Been following the Arfcom thread. Immediate information is almost always of terrible quality, but current claim is several dead in the store plus one LEO. Initial video from the scene prior to police arrival showed some people down in the parking lot and entrance. One fat bearded dude in his boxer shorts was led out in cuffs and is being fingered by the internet as the perp but there's no confirmation on that. SWAT sure took their time making entry. Seems to be over but they're still working the building.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    This is all I can can find at moment. On scanner they just stood down on an "explosive breach"

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Expect this to become almost a daily norm until the ruling power pass enough laws to destroy that shall not be infringed. They need massive blood flowing on the street and store aisles to get laws passed removing the second amendment rights from honest people.
    Sure is interesting that just in time for the push to overturn the filibuster and blitz new bans in the Senate, media darling mass public shootings start happening every couple of days after over a year of NO mass public spree shootings. Also less than a week after Boulder's stupid local bans got overturned in state court.

Bet on at least one more in a week or two after the media has their day with this one.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Expect this to become almost a daily norm until the ruling power pass enough laws to destroy that shall not be infringed. They need massive blood flowing on the street and store aisles to get laws passed removing the second amendment rights from honest people.
    I'm afraid you are correct

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Bet on at least one more in a week or two after the media has their day with this one.
    That's the thing. Are these happening with increased frequency, or is the media just choosing to report them with more frequency? I suspect it's the latter.

Lushamania

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    The Region
    Reportedly at least 6 people are dead here, possibly one of them being a police officer. That’s where my thoughts go first, to the victims, their families, and the survivors.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    That's the thing. Are these happening with increased frequency, or is the media just choosing to report them with more frequency? I suspect it's the latter.
    Well on paper 2020 was a big year for mass shootings, just not mass public spree shootings in places like stores or schools or churches. It was all criminal violence in the deteriorating inner cities. Media doesn't like to report on that, media likes to report on pure and sympathetic victims being gunned down by crazy white men while they shop for Corn Flakes.

IMO they come in clusters because media attention directly provokes copycat and competitor shootings. As dumb as it sounds, lack of reporting made the populace kind of "forget" that spree shootings were a thing in 2020, and thus stopped doing them. Looks like that's over...

erasure

komm süßer tod
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2020
    merrrerrrmrerrerverre
    And I think it's the former. These events are perfect for pushing an agenda. Can't you just picture it? An active shooter shot people actively in Trump's America, storming a school full of refugee children with an AK-15 in each hand while yelling 'this is MAGA country.' Sources claim the shooter was a member of the KKK, the Proud Boys, the Prouder Boys, and the owner of as many as three MAGA hats.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well on paper 2020 was a big year for mass shootings, just not mass public spree shootings in places like stores or schools or churches. It was all criminal violence in the deteriorating inner cities. Media doesn't like to report on that, media likes to report on pure and sympathetic victims being gunned down by crazy white men while they shop for Corn Flakes.

IMO they come in clusters because media attention directly provokes copycat and competitor shootings. As dumb as it sounds, lack of reporting made the populace kind of "forget" that spree shootings were a thing in 2020, and thus stopped doing them. Looks like that's over...
    "Spree shootings" are the norm every single weekend in places like Chicago, DC and Detroit. But they're accepted because of politics, and the fact that the ones doing the shooting are of the wrong color to provoke outrage.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    "Spree shootings" are the norm every single weekend in places like Chicago, DC and Detroit. But they're accepted because of politics, and the fact that the ones doing the shooting are of the wrong color to provoke outrage.
    Well yeah, but generally there’s a difference in motives. Most inner city crime is intimately connected to the drug trade, and the majority of those victims aren’t exactly “innocents,” at least from my personal experience. If you were to ask if I’d rather have a dude meet his maker who is an active participant in criminality over innocents going about their daily lives, that’s an easy decision for me.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Looks like they got him. 2 officers walked someone out half naked, covered in blood in handcuffs and an additional officer directly behind with a shotgun at the ready

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    And I think it's the former. These events are perfect for pushing an agenda. Can't you just picture it? An active shooter shot people actively in Trump's America, storming a school full of refugee children with an AK-15 in each hand while yelling 'this is MAGA country.' Sources claim the shooter was a member of the KKK, the Proud Boys, the Prouder Boys, and the owner of as many as three MAGA hats.
    Not the Proudest Boys? ;)

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I was HolyRoller and created the HolyRoller caches years ago. Most of then were located near body dump locations from that time period. I haven't geocached in over a decade.

Top Bottom