Active shooter at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Basically, where did he get full auto.
    Kinda leads credence to an ISIS connection. Not proof, but brings up the question.

Unless it was a bump-fire stock of some sort (which I think it might end up being, given what sounds like a variable rate of fire in some of the videos), in which case, he could have got one more or less anywhere.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Anyone else think it's a bit strange that we still don't know exactly what type of guns were used yet?...

I have read, on several websites of questionable repute, that it's been leaked that one gun used was an M240.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So as far as unanswered questions, how about the lady that allegedly walked around telling concert-goers they're all going to die tonight?

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Basically, where did he get full auto.
    Kinda leads credence to an ISIS connection. Not proof, but brings up the question.

His family didn't even know he had guns. He was able to get 10 into a room unseen, who knows how many rounds, and the maids who had cleaned his room were interviewed and said they saw nothing out of the norm. I can't hardly hide 10 rifles in my 2 bedroom condo from my wife who cleans weekly. Something about all of this stinks. He was not a gun person, how does a non gun person get ahold of an automatic rifle and be this effective from 32 stories up and at least 400 yards away. I've been reading reports of people taking multiple g.s.w.'s. So he was landing 3 and 4 shots at 400 yards in a row.... I don't buy this narrative. Listening to the crowd videos there are multiple times when you hear 2 distinct bursts simultaneously. No way was he a lone wolf, no way did he manage to aquire fully automatic weapons alone and without the dhs or atf tracking him.

This is a tragic situation and I do not want any of my statements to come off as offensive to the victims or their families. I am in extreme disbelief that one 65 y/o man could manage more than any single detail involved. Why would he bust out two windows, how did he get an automatic rifle, how did he manage to conceal 10 rifles and a massive amount of ammo up to the 32nd floor, why did he kill himself before confronting law enforcement, why is there no letter, why did an antifa group in Australia claim him as a brother, why has the fbi made a statement less than 24hours after the attack that determined that there was no connection to isis even after isis claimed responsibility. It will take some major revelations in the investigation for me to believe 1 angry 65 yo man did this without any suspicion being raised prior.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Massive grain of salt:

[FONT=&quot]https://twitter.com/buddha_envoy/status/914926992193150976

Video of same guy. You can hear the lady who hugs him call him "Steve"

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]https://twitter.com/IndivisibleKara/status/900409768648376321[/FONT]

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Anyone else think it's a bit strange that we still don't know exactly what type of guns were used yet? Surely the hotel room and home have been processed that far by now. Usually we're told within hours which guns were used and why they should be banned. My guess is that the answer doesn't fit the agenda because this guy most likely went outside the law to do this (before the obvious breaking of laws against murder) and it only proves that gun control doesn't work.

My thought is that they want to trace as far as they can before making anything public. I doubt that there is an agenda-driven reason for not releasing the info.

Investigation trumps public "right to know", and I have no problem with that in this case.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Anyone else think it's a bit strange that we still don't know exactly what type of guns were used yet? Surely the hotel room and home have been processed that far by now. Usually we're told within hours which guns were used and why they should be banned. My guess is that the answer doesn't fit the agenda because this guy most likely went outside the law to do this (before the obvious breaking of laws against murder) and it only proves that gun control doesn't work.

In the first 2 days, there's just gonna be wrong info and conjectures.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    He bought it, at the full auto store. There are a bunch there.

McNuttyPants was throwing around 30K for weekend fun, all year long. He owned planes.

He bought the machine guns I'd wager.

That an all the claims out there that a $10 kit will change any semi-auto to a full-auto.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    22090132_10211903198112922_7684502879331637366_n.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Anyone else think it's a bit strange that we still don't know exactly what type of guns were used yet?

Not with this incident. It is huge. And, they probably want to keep things under wraps until THEY want it released.

Leaks are happening and will probably grow exponentially in the coming hours.

Oh look....

I have read, on several websites of questionable repute, that it's been leaked that one gun used was an M240.

:)

His family didn't even know he had guns. He was able to get 10 into a room unseen, who knows how many rounds, and the maids who had cleaned his room were interviewed and said they saw nothing out of the norm. I can't hardly hide 10 rifles in my 2 bedroom condo from my wife who cleans weekly. Something about all of this stinks. He was not a gun person, how does a non gun person get ahold of an automatic rifle and be this effective from 32 stories up and at least 400 yards away. I've been reading reports of people taking multiple g.s.w.'s. So he was landing 3 and 4 shots at 400 yards in a row.... I don't buy this narrative. Listening to the crowd videos there are multiple times when you hear 2 distinct bursts simultaneously. No way was he a lone wolf, no way did he manage to aquire fully automatic weapons alone and without the dhs or atf tracking him.

This is a tragic situation and I do not want any of my statements to come off as offensive to the victims or their families. I am in extreme disbelief that one 65 y/o man could manage more than any single detail involved. Why would he bust out two windows, how did he get an automatic rifle, how did he manage to conceal 10 rifles and a massive amount of ammo up to the 32nd floor, why did he kill himself before confronting law enforcement, why is there no letter, why did an antifa group in Australia claim him as a brother, why has the fbi made a statement less than 24hours after the attack that determined that there was no connection to isis even after isis claimed responsibility. It will take some major revelations in the investigation for me to believe 1 angry 65 yo man did this without any suspicion being raised prior.

I disagree with much of this. Watch any of the "investigative reporting" on what maids do and don't do. They don't even wipe the toilet seat very much.

And I've listened/watched several social media vids. I haven't heard one yet that makes me think there were 2 shooters.

If we're resorting to believing Daesh's claim's of responsibility as proof, then credibility is utterly lost.

He bought it, at the full auto store. There are a bunch there.

McNuttyPants was throwing around 30K for weekend fun, all year long. He owned planes.

He bought the machine guns I'd wager.
    I will agree that people who own planes, and even shares of planes, have much disposable income.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Massive grain of salt:

[FONT=&amp]https://twitter.com/buddha_envoy/status/914926992193150976

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]https://twitter.com/IndivisibleKara/status/900409768648376321[/FONT]

Yeah, I'm becoming persuaded that its the same guy, or a hugely coincidental doppelgänger.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Massive grain of salt:

[FONT=&amp]https://twitter.com/buddha_envoy/status/914926992193150976

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]https://twitter.com/IndivisibleKara/status/900409768648376321[/FONT]

Well, that's not going to go over very well.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Here's a bit of a risky question: is it possible to rig a bumpfire/slamfire/gat fire mechanism to a civilian, semi-auto M240?

Top Bottom