• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I buy a fair amount of stuff from ACME, I would guess $800-$1000 since the beginning of the year. ACME has always treated me well. Clint and Joe are great to work with and provide good service, Steve unfortunately can be grouchy. I think he means well but comes off the wrong way. I can name several of my friends and family who did not buy there because this and to this day only go in if I am with them. They ended up making purchases at another local gun shop. All of these people were new gun owners or women. They have since made more purchases.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    Walmart are the capitalists these dealers buying up the ammo and over-pricing it are something else altogether.

I am confused. Buying low and selling high is now frowned on? That makes someone a bad person to charge what the market will bear? I always thought that was how businesses made money. Buy from the cheapest source possible and charge market price. Guess I have been doing it wrong. We probably need more government regulation to prevent this type of behavior. I mean, we wouldn't want stores that employ people to make a profit and continue to stay in business.

As to ACME, I have always found their prices fair. Recently I was at an auction and saw 45lc sell for $1.20/rnd. They had it the next day for $.60/rnd. I also bought a Kel-tec Sub2000 in 9mm Glock from them a while back. They put it out on the floor for $299. They could have easily put it out for $500 and sold it quickly but they didn't. Personally, I would have no problem with them selling it at the market price which was $500 or more. I think its great that we have some employers still in business.

B6240

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    South Central IN
    All I was trying to say was they like others that have been mentioned on this forum get ammo from walmart and mark it way up I witnessed it first hand. I said there is nothing wrong with this it is well within thier right I personally wont spend my money at those prices anywhere not just there. As for the ammo that was being sold walmart has certian things that nobody else has so it is pretty easy to tell where it came from.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    All I was trying to say was they like others that have been mentioned on this forum get ammo from walmart and mark it way up I witnessed it first hand. I said there is nothing wrong with this it is well within thier right I personally wont spend my money at those prices anywhere not just there. As for the ammo that was being sold walmart has certian things that nobody else has so it is pretty easy to tell where it came from.

Please post the link to such.

I was in Acme yesterday, they had Remmington UMC .223 for 14.00 a box, thats 4 dollars higher than walmart. Tula 7.62 was 8 bucks a box. Yes a tad high, but no where near the "triple" you're talking about. Also, the local walmart here has always had the exact same brands and calibers as any gun store around, it's not like the manufacturers use walmart only boxes. I'm not saying Acme is or isn't doing this, my point is simply, where is the proof?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Only place I have seen the 100 round Winchester White Box and 100 round Federal Champion have been WalMart. This may have changed. Seymour Walmart used to put stickers on their ammo that stated for sell only by Walmart. I have not seen these recently but they have also implemented a 2 or 3 box limit.

B6240

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    South Central IN
    Walmart sells 550 count federal and remington .22 lr no one else to my knowledge has those counts they are 525 or 500 I could be wrong.They had 50 count boxes of .22lr that are normally 2.99 for 8.99. those were the ones that I was looking at and thought were out of line. The bulk backs where not triple they wanted $45 for those still way more than I would to spend.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    I've seen Bass pro and several other LGS with white box Winchester and the bulk .22LR, course, most of that was before the CT thing. The point I'm trying to make is that it is impossible to tell unless the boxes have a non-removable sticker saying where they came from.

I still would like a link to this so called list of stores though. This way I can pay better attention should I decide to visit one of these stores....

buckfever34

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 16, 2009
    Jackson County, IN
    They are on the list of gun shops buying up walmart stock and reselling it at triple price and up. When I asked about why they tripled the price on the ammo I was looking at they acted like they did not know what I was talking about. It is well within thier right to ask what they want I just chose to not spend my money there.

This is Clint from Acme. What in the absolute hell are you talking about? NONE OF US have even BEEN IN A WAL-MART in 2013. Unless you can prove this, please rescind your comment.

buckfever34

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 16, 2009
    Jackson County, IN

This is an absolute LIE that this happened. There has never, and will never be ammo from Wal-mart put on the shelf at ACME for sale unless the very rare occassion that someone might trade in a box or two of ammo that was bought from there for another caliber.

I really want you to bring this claim to me face to face so we can sort this out, cause I know, for a fact, that you are making inaccurate claims.

I am not looking for some type of internet fight, I am simply trying to clear this misinformation up as it is not in line with our business practices.

Last edited:

buckfever34

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 16, 2009
    Jackson County, IN
    Only place I have seen the 100 round Winchester White Box and 100 round Federal Champion have been WalMart. This may have changed. Seymour Walmart used to put stickers on their ammo that stated for sell only by Walmart. I have not seen these recently but they have also implemented a 2 or 3 box limit.

I have a sealed case of Winchester White Box 100 round value packs sitting in the warehouse with our distributor's shipping label on it. If you want to see the proof, just stop by :):

To think that Wal-Mart is the only place that sells or can have shipped in simple WWB 9mm ammo is silly.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    This is an absolute LIE that this happened. There has never, and will never be ammo from Wal-mart put on the shelf at ACME for sale unless the very rare occassion that someone might trade in a box or two of ammo that was bought from there for another caliber.

I really want you to bring this claim to me face to face so we can sort this out, cause I know, for a fact, that you are making inaccurate claims.

I am not looking for a fight, I am simply trying to clear this misinformation up.

Told you all Clint was a stand up guy and would clear this up.

buckfever34

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 16, 2009
    Jackson County, IN
    Walmart sells 550 count federal and remington .22 lr no one else to my knowledge has those counts they are 525 or 500 I could be wrong.They had 50 count boxes of .22lr that are normally 2.99 for 8.99. those were the ones that I was looking at and thought were out of line. The bulk backs where not triple they wanted $45 for those still way more than I would to spend.

If you would like, you can stop by and I will show you my JSC distributor catalog where I can order the EXACT SAME stuff. This ammo DID NOT COME FROM WAL-MART. NO HOW, NO WAY. I bet my life on it.

Feel free to stop by, if you want the proof. I am not upset for you thinking so, but I do want to make sure you and the rest of INGO knows this absolutely is not happening.

Last edited:

buckfever34

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 16, 2009
    Jackson County, IN
    To the OP of this thread with the trouble with the High Standard rifle. I will be honest with you in telling that the removal of the factory handguard and A2 front sight and the reinstallation of the accessories seemed to have not been done by a qualified gunsmith. Do you mind if I ask if the rifle ran correctly before you made these mods? If not, I wish we could have just returned the rifle for warranty repair at that time.

Anyways, beyond that, the gun was disassembled cause the gas block was installed off center. It was completely taken apart, and reassembled and test-fired 30 rounds with Federal factory ammunition. Curt, the guy you spoke to on the phone asked what to charge and I said it to just get a 20 dollar bill for the time invested and the ammo that was used. I assure you that the gun was running fine when we gave it back.

Anyways, if you are unhappy with the 20 charge stop by and I will gladly refund it. If you want it sent back to High Standard, bring it by and I will pay the shipping to get it to them. However, I do not think that they will warranty the rifle since you made the modifications to the original configuration of the rifle.

To end, sorry you are having the problem and I certainly don't want to lose you as a customer over a 20 dollar bill. Please let me know what we can do to make this deal "right."

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    I've never been to Acme, but I'm going to stop in when I'm down that way! Someone cobbles up a gun and then bad-mouth's the shop he bought it from? Then the Shop wants to refund his service money. I think we know who is the Stand Up party here!

Jigga

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010

I am Joe and own ACME. I want to know who you are ie: identify yourself, prove to me I buying from Walmart, or else, correct yourself. You sir are a lying idiot and for you to post on this board some lying info as to such pretty much proves my point! I buy all my stuff Factory Direct or on some occasions through distributors. I may have a small shop but I have a large business and can afford buying Factory Direct so I assure Walmart is the least of my worries. Now with that out of the way carry on and don't post anymore offending lies. You have been warned.

Jigga

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    So I bought a High Standard rifle from Acme gun store in Seymour a while back. I have had trouble with it ever since I bought it. When I called them to tell them what was going on they told me to bring it down and they would see what was going on. They called me and told me that I had the gas tube in the wrong position. That's fine but I told them that's not the only thing wrong with the gun and to fix the gas tube but not stop there. When they called me to tell me it was done he said they found nothing wrong with it, and that they took it apart and put it back together. They charged me $20 and sent me on my way. When I got home I loaded a mag and shot about 10 rounds and it stopped shooting again and also split the gas block in half. Same thing it was doing before but without breaking the gas block. I'm now sending it back to the factory but just thought I would share this bad experience with you. :noway: ACME

Thought I would touch on this while we are at it. I saw this rifle, I knew after a brief inspection it has not properly put together. I don't have time to work on these myself anymore. However, I am pretty sure we did you a favor fixing your errors. And yes, Gary Growe even checked it out for us. A stand up Gunsmith as you said before. I also doubt Gary would take it directly from you because he has stopped taking work until Mid-April. So for us to take your gun back and not do a thing and send it back out messed up is far from truth. Your warranty is void with High Standard because of this. However, we will try to help you get back up and running, which we did before the gun left here. Also, you were getting rude with my employee on the phone thats when he decided to end the conversation with you. That is not how to resolve anything. We ALWAYS go above to make sure our customers are happy with anything. If there is one person who leaves unhappy it is because they didn't try to resolve it in the store. So maybe we need to talk a bit more to understand why you are having this issue. I will leave that up to you. Thanks :)

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I have a sealed case of Winchester White Box 100 round value packs sitting in the warehouse with our distributor's shipping label on it. If you want to see the proof, just stop by :):

To think that Wal-Mart is the only place that sells or can have shipped in simple WWB 9mm ammo is silly.

Thank you for clarifying. I did not mean to insinuate anything by my post. It is just that the 100 round value packs seem to be a popular staple at WalMart ammo counters. It is not uncommon to see for sale by WalMart stickers on the boxes. I did not mean to suggest that I have seen either on your shelves.

I have seen boxes such as this at local gun shows.

Edit: In regards to my stopping by....I will have to take a pass on that right now. I have a bad habit of buying things when I "stop by". My wife saw the credit card statement a couple of days ago and ACME was sort of on that list. I got in big trouble, took my licks, totally worth it.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom