• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I shot a 198 at an Appleseed with a bone stock 10/22, with a cheap scope, while not competition grade, pretty good for me.... I would love to have a great .22 bolt gun for super tack driving, but for now the 10/22 is just right for me.....At the same Appleseed one of the instructors shot a requalification with a savage bolt gun, and ran rings around us...

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Wanted to get a survey of some rimfire shooters.

I've got an upgraded 10/22 (Tactical Solutions bull barrel, BX Trigger Upgrade). I've never shot competitively with it aside from a casual "league" at an outdoor range I frequent. It was a 50 yard bench rest event, shooting 5 times at 5 bullseye targets. The few times I shot at this league I won or placed second out of 10-20 shooters. The guy that beat me, per the range manager, was using an expensive CZ bolt set up. He beat me be 1 or 2 bullseyes.
    I feel good about my cheap 10/22. I've never felt the need to have a more accurate rifle for the casual shooting and squirrel hunting I'm able to do with my set up.

At what point would you feel the need to "upgrade" in accuracy from a 10/22 to a more inherently accurate platform like a bolt action?
    Getting back to the original question, it's not that hard, it comes down to "can you call shots?" If you can call shots, and your shots are landing where you call them, and you're still getting beat, it's because the other guy is just a better shooter.

If you're adept at shot-calling, shots occasionally land where you didn't call them, and you don't know why...and you're getting beat...it may be time to consider an upgrade in the accuracy of your rig.

Top Bottom