• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    OK, so I bought an airsoft gun about seven years ago. Little MP5 mock-up. I have killed numerous wasps and other things around the garage with it. I found it in a box after a few years and couldn't get it to work even with new batteries.

My 3-yo and I opened it up in an attempt to see what was amiss. In order to get it open you have to snap off the red tip. Once I did that I was VERY cautious since I was now dealing with a REAL FIREARM! When I opened it pieces flew everywhere. Oops. I put everything back where I thought it should go, everything seemed to work, but when reassembled still nothing. Oh well. Time for a new airsoft gun!

photo2.jpg

edit: those are my 3yo's hands, not my little girl hands before you start poking fun :stickpoke:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    You have Girly hands :D

I actually do. small hands and white collar work mean I got a blister when reseeding a section of my grass that I had to use a pick to remove the old dirt/grass. And then the blister broke open :runaway:

I want my kids to take things apart and see how they work. I think it helps build an inquisitive mind and a "I'll just fix it" approach to solving problems rather than waiting for someone else to come along. I'll let you know in 10 years if it works :)

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Apr 30, 2008
    I want my kids to take things apart and see how they work. I think it helps build an inquisitive mind and a "I'll just fix it" approach to solving problems rather than waiting for someone else to come along. I'll let you know in 10 years if it works :)

Kind of like exploratory surgery? :D

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Kind of like exploratory surgery? :D

I get people all the time who ask if I'll be the one taking out this or that organ. I tell them I am 100% confident in my ability to get it out, just no guarantees that they'll survive the procedure as I'm not a surgeon. Sometimes I'll ask if they'd mind letting me try once since I've always wanted to. No takers yet :)

Top Bottom