• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdmckinney

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I am wondering if somebody could give me some info about how Indiana works. I filled my app out online. I totally forgot 11 years ago I was charged with a class a misdeminor. It was called criminal conversion. I forgot to list that on my app so I called ISP today and I am waiting on a call back. But I am wondering will they deny me for not putting that on it or will they let me change it since I haven't paid my local fees yet. I am really hoping they just let me change it. One other question is I went thru L1 to be finger printed and paid the state fees. If they do let me change it how long will it take for me to get my license back? Thanks for any info

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    i had a similar issue with mine. i filled out all my forms, sent it in and they rejected me. i realized 11years ago, i was a senior in high school and got popped for MJ posession on spring break. they gave me an option to appeal it which i did. i explained to them what happened, and i havent had so much as a parking ticket since, after explaining everything, the attorney(I guess he was) or prosecuter that was in the room while i was ther kept asking me if i had ever been arrested other than that. He kept battering me if i had, which i havent, he then asked me why i forgot this incident in which i replied " a lot has happened in 11 years." I guess the judge thought i was funny because she snickered. needless to say i was approved and got mine. I guess that wasnt the answer u were really looking for but thought i would share my similar experience

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    the attorney(I guess he was) or prosecuter that was in the room while i was ther kept asking me if i had ever been arrested other than that. He kept battering me if i had, which i havent, he then asked me why i forgot this incident in which i replied " a lot has happened in 11 years."

And how was Jerome?:D

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I love how people "forget" they were arrested. I was arrested over 20 years ago and remember it vividly. As a military recruiter I often had recruits fail to acknowlege an arrest history and it usually resulted in their discharge. :rolleyes:

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    An arrest can entail a summons (not going to jail). I know it sounds strange, but yes, some people just forget.

Thank you, I'm glad somebody understands. Not everybody dwells on what happened 10 years ago. besides i don't remember half the stuff i did in high school. And now that i think about it it was more like 13 years. my life has changed a lot in 13 years.

Luke76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    I can see forgetting if it was a summons like Kirk mentioned, but I'll never forget the few times I was cuffed and stuffed and that was around 16 yrs ago. Although, my life has also changed dramatically since then I still remember every detail of getting the silver bracelets put on.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I had an arrest over in ill-annoy after I'd got my first 4 year LTCH (demon possessed daughter of an XGF trying to cause trouble). Nothing came of it, and I had been informed it had been expunged though it hadn't, so I didn't put it on the application for the lifetime. My 4 year had expired already, so I had to reapply. It came up in the background check but I just explained the situation and they put it through, no problem.

jdmckinney

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Well see I wasn't arrested. I was being stupid 11 years ago and tried to steel from a dept store. They called the police and the cop came and took the statement and gave me a court date. I went to court and they put me on pre trial diversion. I didn't do what I was supposed to do and ended up having to plead guilty to criminal conversion. I got a year of probation and 24 hours community service. I forgot that I didn't complete the pre trial diversion so I am now stuck with a class a mis..

Luke76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    You should be fine to get your LTCH with it. I had a class A misdemeanor battery that I wrote on the form when I applied and still received mine. Of course that was in 1995 and I got my LTCH at the beginning of this year.

EXLINE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Hendricks Co.
    I am wondering if somebody could give me some info about how Indiana works. I filled my app out online. I totally forgot 11 years ago I was charged with a class a misdeminor. It was called criminal conversion. I forgot to list that on my app so I called ISP today and I am waiting on a call back. But I am wondering will they deny me for not putting that on it or will they let me change it since I haven't paid my local fees yet. I am really hoping they just let me change it. One other question is I went thru L1 to be finger printed and paid the state fees. If they do let me change it how long will it take for me to get my license back? Thanks for any info

I know when I went to the PD to pay my local fees they pulled up my app and were able to change any mistakes. So go to the local PD and they can change anything before they submit it because it hasn't been submitted to ISP until you go to the local PD and pay.

Top Bottom