• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Years ago, my wife and I were in Knoxville to attend a football game that was to be played the next day. We had already gotten our food and were eating when we heard a commotion at the counter. Very similar to this event, a guy grabbed the female, drug her across the counter, and out the door. It happened very quickly. By the time we realized there was an argument and tuned in to what they were saying, all we heard was "You're coming with me!" (or something to that effect). We saw the guy leading the woman out the door and out of sight--*just like that*. We were the best witnesses we could be.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I suspect the abductor is a former boyfriend.
    I'm betting you're right! Now as to the bystander car that apparently witnessed much of the abduction, this goes to show, YOU are responsible for your own safety, NOONE is going to help you!

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I'm betting you're right! Now as to the bystander car that apparently witnessed much of the abduction, this goes to show, YOU are responsible for your own safety, NOONE is going to help you!

I saw that too and was curious if it was someone who witnessed it and did nothing or if it was someone who was part of it and was ensuring someone else didn't drive by and witness it.

Dim Mak

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    Naptown
    One of her cards was just used at an ATM in Maryland. I sure hope she is still alive and they catch the "men" responsible.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    With murder, kidnapping and rape most times the victom knows and has/had a relarionship of some type (even if they just went to school together etc) So the idea of Boogie men running around isn.t always the case the amount of zero quality scum bags a lot of girls make aquaintences with the only thing that surprices me is this sort of thing doesn't happen more.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    With murder, kidnapping and rape most times the victom knows and has/had a relarionship of some type (even if they just went to school together etc) So the idea of Boogie men running around isn.t always the case the amount of zero quality scum bags a lot of girls make aquaintences with the only thing that surprices me is this sort of thing doesn't happen more.
    From a self defense stand point, does this matter?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Very scary. And compelling.

While it is true that the VAST majority of cases of battery/kidnapping/murder are committed by someone known to the victim, there is a large enough percentage of cases that are not. My family has lived through random violence - and avoided it.

Professionally, I had an appeal with a tragic story of a brutal series of crimes committed against a random female. The woman had thought enough about her personal safety such that she was carrying mace. She used it against a box-cutter wielding criminal.

It was insufficient to deter him from throwing her into his car and committing heinous acts against her. She lived. He was convicted and was sentenced to (IIRC) 20 years (likely did 10 or less).

That case always stuck with me, though, because I wondered how it would have played out if she had been armed - even with a derringer-style or snubbie.

Top Bottom