• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I'm up for trying some more long range as well. My 10FP in .223 was able to hit the 4" steel at 400yds (that is 1MOA for those quick at the math) on my first try after adjusting for my predetermined dope. 30" of drop was 7 3/4 MOA on the scope. I think much past 400 and I'm about out of gas. It drops nearly another 12" between 400 and 450, and by 500 has dropped almost 5 feet!

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I'm up for trying some more long range as well. My 10FP in .223 was able to hit the 4" steel at 400yds (that is 1MOA for those quick at the math) on my first try after adjusting for my predetermined dope. 30" of drop was 7 3/4 MOA on the scope. I think much past 400 and I'm about out of gas. It drops nearly another 12" between 400 and 450, and by 500 has dropped almost 5 feet!

you might run out of travel, but the 223 is capable of much longer ranges than 400 yards. i was goofing around with a customer one time and put 7 out of 10 on a torso target at 750 yards. this was with a plain jane cheapo ar and a vortex 1-4 scope. with pratice and dialing for range i could have defintally got 10 out of 10 on a target that size.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    you might run out of travel, but the 223 is capable of much longer ranges than 400 yards. i was goofing around with a customer one time and put 7 out of 10 on a torso target at 750 yards. this was with a plain jane cheapo ar and a vortex 1-4 scope. with pratice and dialing for range i could have defintally got 10 out of 10 on a target that size.

The nice thing is that I have two mil-dots under the center of the cross hair, so have a bit more for "hold over" if I need it. Would like to test my AR with ACOG a bit more too. Hit a few times on a torso with a 55gr FMJ. Wasn't all that familiar and comfortable yet with that scope.

jrainw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Morgan county
    I wouldn't count .223 out at 400 yards. 42769vette, how far out was that target we where hammering with my A2 with irons? think it was 700+.
    In the pictures and videos I'm the one all beat up getting around with the walker. I owe a huge thanks to everyone for helping me get around. After a month of being stuck inside the house I needed to escape to have any hope of staying relatively sane.
    Rayne, thank you, thank you, thank you!

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I wouldn't count .223 out at 400 yards. 42769vette, how far out was that target we where hammering with my A2 with irons? think it was 700+.
    In the pictures and videos I'm the one all beat up getting around with the walker. I owe a huge thanks to everyone for helping me get around. After a month of being stuck inside the house I needed to escape to have any hope of staying relatively sane.

i believe we were shooting 725 at that shoot

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I purchased a Vortex 1-4 from INGO Advertiser A&A Optics. lovemywoods has had it for a couple of weeks now putting it through some testing. It has been delivering great results!

2dum8fc.jpg

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Is that a girl that doesn't shoot "like a girl"? Well done!

And here's the first thing that came to mind when I saw that last picture. :laugh:

2ug1nhe.jpg

LOL that is awesome

That was my first thought as well when I seen her shooting, JD4320t done a fine job teaching her!:woot:

Thanks guys. I'm pretty sure she is as good as me already....maybe better:):

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I purchased a Vortex 1-4 from INGO Advertiser A&A Optics. lovemywoods has had it for a couple of weeks now putting it through some testing. It has been delivering great results!

2dum8fc.jpg

I liked it, I was telling LoveMyWoods I might have to look into one of those for my deer rifle.

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN

oh dont worry about 5 ft of drop. I shoot my 22lr and at 250 its dropping 12 ft (aprox.) I really enjoy stretching things out....next time you guys have a distance shoot let me know, I would love to come out and play.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage

Not sure what happened, but I'd hate to see what the other guy looked like. Looks serious, glad to see you're up and moving around.

The shoot looks like it was a blast. My goal is to have an ar setup to shoot at some distance by this time next year. :rockwoot:

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    One thing I forgot to mention was watching the bullet through the spotting scopes. If you ever get to spot for someone shooting long distance you will be amazed that you can see the vapor trail of the bullet and can follow it to the target. I would have had a hard time believing it had I not seen it. It was so COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    One thing I forgot to mention was watching the bullet through the spotting scopes. If you ever get to spot for someone shooting long distance you will be amazed that you can see the vapor trail of the bullet and can follow it to the target. I would have had a hard time believing it had I not seen it. It was so COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vapor trail is somthing you have to see to believe. when you have a ouple seconds of flight time with a some wind you are actually sitting behind the scope thinking "curve curve go go go YA"

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    There are good people on here...glad you got to enjoy!

I recently suffered a concussion and cannot shoot...can't even travel to PA for Thanksgiving with the family...altitude changes and traveling through the hills would not be great as I have vertigo as a result of the concussion!

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    It was held on our family farm in Southern Indiana. This was the first time we've held anything like this and I did it for selfish reasons :) I really wanted my husband to meet some of the wonderful people that I had meet on INGO. A computer is a tool not a toy to him and he doesn't grasp the concept of making friends from the internet.

It turned out better than I had hopped it would too, thanks to all the wonderful people who came that day.

Top Bottom