• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Bartholomew County is moving to Polling Centers in the next election.

Why is it a problem to require people to have an ID to vote when most people in the country have some sort of an ID...yet its no big deal to change where we go to vote thus confusing the population?

Anyway...just something I thought of as I'll have to figure out how to vote in a couple years(I think...haven't paid any attention...but hey! I shouldn't have to pay attention to vote!)

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    You're lucky. A couple of elections ago our polling place was changed with no notice. They just put a sign up in the yard of the fore station where we used to vote.

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    Went to vote this morning and told the people at the entrance I was in precinct 6. They said our precincts have been changed to letters now. Couldn't tell me which one corresponded to precinct 6. Had to go from table to table until I found the one with my name in the book. My wife would have probably just left without voting. Do they do this on purpose to try to confuse people? BTW, texted my wife and told her to go to the table marked Precinct "B".

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Be aware that as the counties move to Polling Centers, they are likely to consolidate just as they do with every other county-wide service location.

Generally, that's going to mean longer travel times/lines for everyone.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I have no idea where I would have voted at my current place of residence before. I do know at my old place of residence, it was a 1/2 mile drive to my precinct. There was a polling center 1/2 mile from my old place of residence. My county put a center in a popular grocery store and put another in another grocery store up north. I think centers work great.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    We did the voting centers today and I could tell it was going to be a slow slog when they got busy. It was taking them long enough to push us through when there was no crowd and it was mid morning when they were still fresh.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Went to vote this morning and told the people at the entrance I was in precinct 6. They said our precincts have been changed to letters now. Couldn't tell me which one corresponded to precinct 6. Had to go from table to table until I found the one with my name in the book. My wife would have probably just left without voting. Do they do this on purpose to try to confuse people? BTW, texted my wife and told her to go to the table marked Precinct "B".
    They didn't have a precinct map? They had one where I went... just found my street and looked to see what precinct it was in. I would think they would all have these. :dunno: I think there are maps online that would tell you which precinct you are in and where your polling place is located as well, based on your address.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    There is a polling place approx. 200 yards from me but it's for a different precinct so I drive approx. 3 miles to a polling place for my precinct. What a crock!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We did the voting centers today and I could tell it was going to be a slow slog when they got busy. It was taking them long enough to push us through when there was no crowd and it was mid morning when they were still fresh.

I don't know if they have those here in Lawrence county or not...what is the advantage to going to one of these rather than your regular polling place?

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    The advantage is that you don't have to vote in your specific area. Where I used to live, I would have to go vote at a local union hall. Now with voting centers, if I am at a grocery store with a center, I could vote there. If they were busy, I could go vote at another center. You are not tied down to one voting location.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    It'll work even better once someone gets the idea to revitalize America's ailing rail system by putting mobile polling centers on the tracks.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Good old St Joseph County. Polling place was a one minute drive from my home. Just left 5 minutes early for work.:)

Top Bottom