• ...and so much more!
  • rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    No, it's not. Thanks to Indiana's R2W laws they are no longer even required to be part of the NEA unions. Different colleges have different backgrounds and different approaches. But this is INGO, we paint everything with broad enough brushes there is literally no room for any nuance or differences. So I'll put you down for ATAB.
    I was not aware of that. What little interaction I have had with teachers/social worker types have all been very left-wing.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I was not aware of that. What little interaction I have had with teachers/social worker types have all been very left-wing.
    WEll, I've lived with one for 23 years. She moved from a big school to a small school that is mostly conservative. The amount of eyerolls when some new DoE mandate comes down the line is about 2/3 of them. Their administrators/principals have also mostly come from larger school districts to get away from the chaos that has become bigger city schools.

There's a lot of great people doing good work in public schools, it just gets so frustrating seeing nothing but the hatred and vitriol on this site towards all of them as if they are all the same. I thought we were supposed to be better than that?

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    We all have the human weakness to use broad brushes from time to time. Painting all of INGO in this fashion is too an example.
    The problem is no one speaks up. The only voices we see are the same "death to public shools" and "they're all leftist evil trans-loving blahblah blah". You want us to believe there are different people, then they need to speak up and stop letting the hate speak for them.

Are there terrible people that teach? Yes. Are there terrible people everywhere? Also yes.

Top Bottom