• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • S

skretsinger

My uncle has a bolt in 7mm-08. He picked it up as a trade in when he worked in a gun shop, he knew exactly what it was. He said he'd never deer hunt with anything else, I'd love to find a stainless bolt action, from all I've read they are tack drivers! They hold their value, that tells me quite a bit.

wisboy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Crown Point 46307
    I have a number of older Steyr Mannlicher Schoenauers.
    1961 MCA 's , 1957 Mannlicher, my favorite with the big scalloped cheekpiece , that puts your eye exactly right. A couple 1952 Mannlichers. And my weakness ....Steyr Zephyr .22's.

jerzy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2023
    North liberty
    I have a number of older Steyr Mannlicher Schoenauers.
    1961 MCA 's , 1957 Mannlicher, my favorite with the big scalloped cheekpiece , that puts your eye exactly right. A couple 1952 Mannlichers. And my weakness ....Steyr Zephyr .22's.
    I'm looking for a zephyr, I'd love to get one

jerzy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2023
    North liberty
    How does the Zephyr perform?
    Ok so now that it has a respectable scope on it. First thing that's obvious is the long length of pull, 14.75. Which i don't mind, but smaller shooters would struggle. Second, the factory trigger settings needed to be tweaked in my opinion. Got it down to 1.5lb, but you can't take out 100% of the pre travel or you'll disable the safety. But i was able to take out abot 80%. Third, noticed the barrel was touching in the barrel channel, a little sanding with a dowel rod and freed that up.
    I haven't taken it out back to my longer range yet since getting it set up. But just playing around in the back yard out to 70 yards using subsonic norma tac 22 hollow points and cci suppressor it's holding less than .5 groups.

Last edited:

Reale1741

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 22, 2020
    Jeffersonville
    Here's a Steyr K98 that was made for the Waffen SS and manufactured at Gusen Concentration Camp. I lucked into it at the SoS earlier this year. Being a Russian capture, I'm sure there's a lot of history to it!

Attachments

• bnz 43-1.jpg
      bnz 43-1.jpg
      502.5 KB · Views: 0
    • bnz 43-2.jpg
      bnz 43-2.jpg
      520.5 KB · Views: 0
    • bnz 43-3.jpg
      bnz 43-3.jpg
      150.4 KB · Views: 0
    • bnz 43-5.jpg
      bnz 43-5.jpg