• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    I looked on handgun laws usa about this and in other constitutional carry states you can carry without a permit with the exception of I think north Dakota was residents only

also not a lawyer.

You are correct. No license needed in Constitutional Carry states other that ND. But for the other half of states who are not Constitutional Carry, reciprocity matters a lot. (We have 24 states who have passed Constitutional Carry and 2 more who are close.) Right now, I can legally carry in 38 states. With great effort, I could add 2 to that list. Anything more that that is nearly impossible unless you are a LEO / former LEO carrying under LEOSA.

And I assume that "pink card" is LTCH. I just looked in my wallet after this thread to check if it was pink. :): I wonder why that made it that color.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    You guys are just silly. Lets say personA gets their ltch. Goes out and beats the tar out of their wife, then gets a restraining order against them, then goes on a drug bender gets arrested, gets out bc it was Marion county, then traffics 37 kids and 90 kilos of booger sugar gets arrested, does 3 years. Gets out, joins the local gun forum, sees a gun he wants. Arranges to buy it at the McDonald's parking lot. The very "wise" and "totally reasonable" Ingo seller says "let's see your pink thang" Mr just got out of jail flashes that pink. Gun gets sold to felon. Having a pink card is only proof of having a pink card it doesn't prove you are a proper person.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    You guys are just silly. Lets say personA gets their ltch. Goes out and beats the tar out of their wife, then gets a restraining order against them, then goes on a drug bender gets arrested, gets out bc it was Marion county, then traffics 37 kids and 90 kilos of booger sugar gets arrested, does 3 years. Gets out, joins the local gun forum, sees a gun he wants. Arranges to buy it at the McDonald's parking lot. The very "wise" and "totally reasonable" Ingo seller says "let's see your pink thang" Mr just got out of jail flashes that pink. Gun gets sold to felon. Having a pink card is only proof of having a pink card it doesn't prove you are a proper person.
    No one said it is a bulletproof system it is just another hurdle for a prohibited person. Prohibited people have been known to make it through the ffl background check…..this is just good intentioned people using the tools and resources available to them, to do what they believe to be right. Just as I think a Christian baker should be able to choose who they sell a cake to, gun owners have the right to decide who they sell guns to.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    You are correct. No license needed in Constitutional Carry states other that ND. But for the other half of states who are not Constitutional Carry, reciprocity matters a lot. (We have 24 states who have passed Constitutional Carry and 2 more who are close.) Right now, I can legally carry in 38 states. With great effort, I could add 2 to that list. Anything more that that is nearly impossible unless you are a LEO / former LEO carrying under LEOSA.

And I assume that "pink card" is LTCH. I just looked in my wallet after this thread to check if it was pink. :): I wonder why that made it that color.
    What are the next two states?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Ask a person "are you allowed to buy, and own a firearm under federal, and Indiana state laws?"
    Then ask "are you an Indiana resident?"
    If they answer yes to both questions is it not on them if they buy a firearm illegally?
    Do we have the authority to ask for ID legally?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I can't remember if I ask to see the card in my past sales. I may have put it in the ad if I didn't forget. And I do believe the very first sale I made, the guy showed it to me.

But all of my other deals have been with people I know or as CM said I have been able to vet. So I haven't seen one since.

As far as carrying mine, it's thin and small so it fits in my minimalist wallet between my one credit card and my insurance card. I'll leave it in just in case I'm in a state that wants to see it.

It's interesting that some are saying they won't carry it anymore when they carry a FS pistol, 2 extra mags, a mini-baton, a knife, cigar cutter, chewing gum and a janitor level keychain. Does the card tip you over the edge? :)

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Looking at the card means nothing now anyway. I have known of several convicted felons that still had the "pink". It's not like the state hunts you down and takes it out of your wallet when you are convicted.
    I know a guy who has a lifetime permit he carries and has a domestic violence conviction. How is one to know that if they were to sell a firearm to him? I know better because I know him and that he has that conviction, but people here who ask for Indiana ID and his LTCH would get both and not know any better.

Levergun1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2021
    Kingman
    A good friend of mine was wrongly denied on a 4473 purchase, a few years ago. It took him over two years to get the State to recognize and resolve the issue.
    We all know that two years in not a lot of time, at government speed, but they never revoked his carry license, in that time.
    He could have private purchased a lot of firearms, from private sales, in two years, all the while showing his pink card.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yes, pretty simple and there will always be those who go through life with a false sense of security, I suppose.
    Not sure what one has to do with the other honestly. The same could be said about looking up a member's posts on INGO vs selling to someone who just paid the $20 site supporter and never posts for a decade. One may think it tells you something, but in reality it may not.

For example, I saw an ad recently where someone wanted the buyer to meet them at a specific gun store (that shall not be named, but apparently requires ID to buy cleaning patches) and that there would be a transfer required and the buyer would pay the fees. Now, that's the seller's prerogative, but I'd never subject myself to that on a private sale as a buyer and would never require it as a seller.

There was an identical gun in the classies on the same page of ads and it might have even been cheaper, so I'm also guessing he'll likely have an interesting time making that deal. But again, not an issue for me. Kind of their house their rules kind of thing.

Some will sell to an 18 year old, some won't, no matter what the law says on the topic. Not my place to tell that seller how to make their deals.

Top Bottom