• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I had a road rage incident on Friday where a driver wasn't too happy that I didn't let him merge in front of me (I had right of way) getting on the freeway.

He was riding my tail, and I was tryin' to move as fast as that V6 can push my truck through traffic, but that seems like it wasn't good enough. I pulled over as soon as I could to let him pass, (hoping he wasn't going to try and brake-check me). No, he wanted to sit in lane 3 right beside me and show me his holiday spirit.

Fine. We'll exchange "pleasantries", but I'm not looking over.

OK, fine, I look over, and he proceeds to pick up a holstered pistol [pointed right at me]!

Got the plate #, called 911. That's the sort of **** that gives us all a bad name.

Last edited:

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    I had a road rage incident on Friday where a driver wasn't too happy that I didn't let him merge in front of me (I had right of way) getting on the freeway.

He was riding my tail, and I was tryin' to move as fast as that V6 can push my truck through traffic, but that seems like it wasn't good enough. I pulled over as soon as I could to let him pass, (hoping he wasn't going to try and brake-check me). No, he wanted to sit in lane 3 right beside me and show me his holiday spirit.

OK, fine, I look over, and he proceeds to pick up a holstered pistol [pointed right at me]!

Got the plate #, called 911. That's the sort of **** that gives us all a bad name.
    What a missed opportunity.

Glad you made through it alright.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Seems like a lot of people are frustrated and looking for a confrontation these days. Wish I didn’t have to be on the road as much as I am.
    Yep. World is absolutely full of jackasses who go around trying to provoke people so they feel like they have an excuse to act like that.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    IANAL is it still considered menacing if the firearm is in a holster?
    Really no such thing as menacing in Indiana law. Pointing a firearm without justification is against the law. I wouldn't think that having the firearm in a holster would affect anything, it's the intent that matters.

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John

Granted, I was not there and did not see the traffic flow. Why not slow down a little and let him in? It sounds like he was going fast enough to blend into the traffic. flow. It can be a judgement call. Sometimes if I see a vehicle on the ramp, I move over to the left. Other times I speed up or slow down to allow the merge. Knowing that there are idiots like that around, I do not insist on the right of way.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Granted, I was not there and did not see the traffic flow. Why not slow down a little and let him in? It sounds like he was going fast enough to blend into the traffic. flow. It can be a judgement call. Sometimes if I see a vehicle on the ramp, I move over to the left. Other times I speed up or slow down to allow the merge. Knowing that there are idiots like that around, I do not insist on the right of way.
    We were coming off a roundabout, not yet on the freeway, otherwise I totally would have moved over.

Top Bottom