• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I know these questions have been answered plenty of times before, but I don't know what to search. I apologize in advance.

1. My Dad, uncle and a handful of their buddies are going to Wisconsin on an ice fishing trip this Saturday. My Dad doesn't have his LTCH, but my uncle and a couple of their buddies do. When traveling through IL, how does the handgun need to be transported? I want to say it just needs to be in some sort of case (doesn't have to be a locked case does it?) and completely separate from the ammo. Like gun in a case in the trunk/back of the SUV and mags/ammo in the glove box, right?

2. Also when my Dad stopped by, he asked me the hoops he needs to jump through to get his lifetime. He said when he was 20 (32 years ago), he got his target license...would he still need to get his prints taken again? Would that be anything like an LTCH where all he needs to do is renew to the lifetime or does he have to start from scratch?

Thanks.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    1)better to be safe than sorry, it is illinois.

2)Yes, whole process start to finish.

1. Yeah, I know it's IL, but I know several members here travel to IL on a regular basis and have made sure to cover their butts, so I want to know what they do.

I figured he'd probably have to start from scratch, which is stupid because you know they didn't throw his prints away.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom