• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    "You will not much wonder at this when I mention a fact, which can be fully attested by several of the reputable inhabitants of this place, who were eyewitness of it. Two brothers in the Company took a piece of board, five inches broad, and seven inches long, with a bit of white paper, about the size of a dollar, nailed in the center, and while one of them supported the board perpendicularly between his knees, the other at a distance of upwards of sixty yards, and without any kind of rest, shot eight bullets successivley through the board, and spared a brothers thighs!"

Pennsylvania Packet, August 1775, Lancaster, Pennsylvania

"But will you believe when I tell you that one of the men took the board , and placing it between his legs, stood with his back to the tree while another drove the center. What would a regular army of considerable strength in the forests of America do with one thousand of these men, who want nothing to preserve their health and courage but water from the spring, with a little parched corn, with what they can easily procure in hunting; and who, wrapped in their blankets, in the damp of night, would choose a shade of a tree for their covering, and the earth for their bed?"

Extract of a letter to a Gentleman in Philadelphia, Describing a shooting Match Held by Captain Michael Cresap's Company of Riflemen, 1775

"Two men belonging to a Virginia rifle regiment, a large division which was quartered in this down(sic) during the war, has such a dependance on each other's dexterity, that one would hold a piece of board, not more than nine inches square, between his knees, whilst the other shot at it with a ball at the distance of one hundred paces. This they used to do alternatley, for the amusement of the town's people, as often as they were called upon.

Issac Weld, Travels Through the States of North America, 1799

The men in the above excerpts fought valiantly in the Revolution to secure the rights we have today. I would imagine they are rolling over in their graves right now.

Annie Oakley shot a cigarette out of the mouth of Kaiser Wilhelm when she was touring Europe. Rumor has it that after WWI started she wrote a note to the Kaiser stating she would like to take that shot again if she could.

You can agree or disagree with whether this is smart but there was a time in America where a man or woman able to take those shots and make those shots were held in high regard.

Now we are trying to figure out a way to either disarm these guys, hope they die through selection, or strip them of their right to posses or carry firearms. We have become a Nation of Nannies.

Last edited:

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Stupid and Stupider

Once I picked my chin up off the floor, I shook my head it total disbelief at that video. I'm just curious how many of those empty beer bottles were consumed by the shooter just prior to this video.

Top Bottom