• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I am a VIP member at Midwest Gun and Range. I shoot there at least once a week and I have never in the last two years witnessed anybody allowed to be unsupervised with a full auto rental. They always have an employee with the weapon.

They might have gotten more strict about the policy but we were shown proper operation and watched for 1 magazine each (my brother and I would share a lane). After that, we were on our own. If they're more strict about the policy, I'd be perfectly fine with that but I know what happened when we rented them.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    They might have gotten more strict about the policy but we were shown proper operation and watched for 1 magazine each (my brother and I would share a lane). After that, we were on our own. If they're more strict about the policy, I'd be perfectly fine with that but I know what happened when we rented them.

How long ago was this?

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I have to ask this, gun stores are not making a killing nowadays, a small operation like ProFire, will it even survive such a big loss overnight?

Yes. These were dealer samples and insurance will cover them.

The guns were not there primary source of income.

sig-guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    I take ALL of mine with me at all times. It is quite cumbersome but it is worth the piece of mind. I have mastered the 12 holster look while carrying 20+ long guns. I buy my clothes from a tent shop so I can CC and not worry much about printing.

Seriously though, I'm deathly afraid of firearms.

My first thought was, you don't own enough firearms! :):

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Well, an opportunity exists for all INGO members and law-abiding to keep a look out for any of these firearms. Maybe even just 'overhearing' two yabos talking at the local eatery or something.

What ProFire should or should not have done is irrelevant right now. That can all be handled later.

Right now, it's most beneficial for EVERY gun buff in any area near or far to keep their eyes and ears open. ANY information that can be garnered is a lead.

Let's catch the scumbags FIRST. Then we can all take turns making recriminations, if that's what we choose to do.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    After giving it some thought, I think I know how they stole the trailer, not that it matters much now.
    I think they probably used a tilt-bed car hauler and just scooped it up and drove away. Then they just
    dropped it off in a quiet neighborhood where there was enough curb space to set it down and left.
    They probably cut off the lock and then replaced it with a new one so it wouldn't draw suspicion right
    away. It was locked up when they found it wasn't it, or was it?
    It will be interesting to see how close to being right I was when they solve it. Then again, I could be
    very wrong.
    Yeah, if someone wants something bad enough, they'll find a way to get it.

Last edited:

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Whom ever stole the trailer, had to have known what they were getting. They came prepared with the right equipment, knew when to come and go to be able to get in and out without being caught, and ditched the only readily identifiable part of the heist in an obscure location as soon as possible. I will bet that some of the guns will soon turn up, but the sear's will be gone, never to be found.

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    When we traveled to race tracks and had to stay overnight one of us always slept in the trailer unless it was secured in the confines of the racing facility with security staff. That was a trailer with a race car and gear in it. I would never leave a trailer with class 3 in it out of my site. I have zero faith in people. Someone is watching. Not Paranoid I just know people. There are far to many who are willing and able to steal your stuff.

I agree i don't trust people, but most people pay for insurance so you don't have to sleep in a trailer and are not afraid of leaving your house.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I would say the guns are out of the state by now.
    If it were people in the gun community (lets hope not) , some of it could show up at Knob Creek, which is right around the corner.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Well, an opportunity exists for all INGO members and law-abiding to keep a look out for any of these firearms. Maybe even just 'overhearing' two yabos talking at the local eatery or something.

Are you suggesting that if someone were to see something they should say something? I learned here on INGO that we shouldn't do that, we aren't supposed to talk to the police period.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I would say the guns are out of the state by now.
    If it were people in the gun community (lets hope not) , some of it could show up at Knob Creek, which is right around the corner.

Or, they could show up at the next annual gang barbecue and spray down a neighborhood...

You actually gave me an interesting thing to think about... Working at a range, these MIGHT show up... If in the hands of gangsters, who aren't THAT smart sometimes... this might happen...

Does anyone have a list of the serial numbers that maybe the local ranges could obtain? Help us, help you.

Last edited:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Are you suggesting that if someone were to see something they should say something? I learned here on INGO that we shouldn't do that, we aren't supposed to talk to the police period.

That's what I understand. I'll just tell my neighbor. He's a policeman. Oh, wait, I'll tell my neighbors dog. He's a police dog.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Or, they could show up at the next annual gang barbecue and spray down a neighborhood...

You actually gave me an interesting thing to think about... Working at a range, these MIGHT show up... If in the hands of gangsters, who aren't THAT smart sometimes... this might happen...

Does anyone have a list of the serial numbers that maybe the local ranges could obtain? Help us, help you.

Or they could show up and the next ISIS/ISIL support rally...

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    As reported by WISH TV - Trailer full of guns, ammo stolen from Indy business | WISH-TV

According to police, the trailer was filled with the following firearms and accessories:

• 3 M16 type fully automatic rifles
    • 2 full auto AK47s
    • A Beretta Auto Sear machine gun
    • A Century Arms machine gun
    • 5 HK MP5 type sub-machine guns
    • A Century Arms Tantal machine gun
    • A full auto Thompson 1928A1 sub-machine gun
    • A full auto UZI sub-machine gun
    • An Ohio Ordinance 249 SAW belt fed full auto machine gun
    Pistols include:

• 2 Ruger semi autos
    • A Beretta 92FS semi auto
    • 2 Sig Sauer semi autos
    • 2 Kimber semi auto handguns
    • An HK 45T semi auto pistol
    There were two short barrelled rifles — one a Mosin 91/30 and the other a Vector Arms PTR-91P, two Remington 870 shotguns and one Savage Arms 720 shotgun.
    Police say there were also 16 suppressors in the trailer along with approximately 20,000 rounds of mixed ammunition, a pallet jack, and $2,500 worth of miscellaneous magazines.

Day-um.:faint:

I doubt many bank robberies end with a score that adds up to that amount.

Top Bottom