• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I bought my wife a Bersa Thunder a few years ago brand new for about $250 but it is the single stack. I think the double stack models are about $50 higher but all in all a fine gun with a good feel and not a bad trigger either except for the MIM parts....so far so good though.

I am assuming you are talking about the 380?

Canes173

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jan 9, 2011
    Crown Point
    Can't beat a Glock 17 for value and capacity, I think AIM surplus had some trade-ins pretty cheap. He should look at the older S&W trade-ins too, especially for a truck gun.

Trevlan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Franklin Township
    I've got a buddy that told me at lunch today that he was looking for a 9mm for a truck gun/something for the house/some target shooting. He isn't looking to spend a bunch of money(prefer to stay around $300 if possible). He told him his wife was looking at handguns for him for Christmas and said she was quoted over $700 for a Glock. He didn't say which model or what shop.

I know he could go Hi Point or do some searching for used firearms. Is there anything other than Hi Point that would be reliable in the $300 or under range new? I have some handguns for him to try(revolvers in .22, .38, and .357 and semi autos in 9x18, .40, and .45) and I did tell him to get his LTCH because of the fact he wants to use the gun as a truck gun and take it to his father in law's farm for some target practice.

I know he won't fall in love with my Glock 27 because he is a pretty big guy with big hands. Even the biggest Hi Point would be fine size wise as he is 6'4-ish and probably 350.

So, any recommendations in a full size 9mm in his range?

I'm getting a Taurus PT 24/7 Pro 9mm, I was quoted for a new one 295 from Bud's guns. He can opt for the 5" barrel model. I have the replica of that gun and for medium to large hands it feels right at home. I had the oportunity to handle this gun and Pop's Guns, and it feels like it was ballanced perfectly. I hear it's reliable and accurate. Can't wait to get mine. Let us know what gun he decided to purchase.

Top Bottom