• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I carry a Ruger LC9s....great gun. A buddy is looking for the same type of gun....what do you folks think?

That is the million dollar question. Definitely as said before, everyone has there own opinion. And the opinions so far have been great. I picked the CM9 some time ago based on INGO opinions. I am very pleased with it. About the smallest of all the sub compact 9s. Sweet trigger once you get used to it. Accurate and reliable. PM9 too expensive. P938 is my favorite to shoot and feels awesome in the hand with the extended mag especially, and the most accurate. LC9 accurate and dependable. Did not like the trigger or how skinny the grip was. LC9s haven't tried. Shield was awesome until I bought my own. Must have got a bad one. XDs compact was great in 45, so 9 would probably be even better. Best sights and recoil was surprisingly light. Glock 43 I have fondled but never shot. Very tempting. FNS-9c kinda big and fat to be considered a sub compact. Liked shooting it, bit again...I got a bad one. Rami...just fondled one a couple days ago. Sweet trigger. Kinda fat. Very tempting. So many choices. Shoot as many as you can before you choose.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I carry the 26 and sometimes the shield while working around the house. If I need smaller I go to the 938 or the s&w 642. If I have to go super small the it's the 22 pug. I have many other sub compacts but these are what I like. I like the 938 the best. I wish the 938 was striker fired I'd carry that all the time.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I carry the 26 and sometimes the shield while working around the house. If I need smaller I go to the 938 or the s&w 642. If I have to go super small the it's the 22 pug. I have many other sub compacts but these are what I like. I like the 938 the best. I wish the 938 was striker fired I'd carry that all the time.

Weird. I'm glad the 938 isn't striker fired. So I carry it all the time. :):

Id carry my rami if I had a holster. :xmad:

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I don't have any true sub compacts. I am looking to buy a Sig P938 after I get my 6.5 built and get some money saved. They are on the spendy side.

My wife has a LCP and it had a very bad trigger till I changed it out. I guess I should check out the Ruger before I buy. I just thought the trigger would suck like in the LCP and the Sig has a great trigger.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    So what is your favorite subcompact 9mm and why?

I'd go with P250 for a SC gun. The Shield's external safety is a deal breaker for me in a SC gun. IMO, a SC gun must be something closer to a DAO snubby-- draw, pull trigger. If the sights aren't great, I don't really care, a SC carry gun isn't for 20-25 yards.

The P250 gives you everything you'd like about a DAO snubby but with a more shootable package with higher ammo capacity in a service caliber with top shelf ammo. Nobody is really developing top shelf SD ammo in .38spl, and nobody packing a snub wants to shoot a .357 mag duty load-- and the load is almost no value added with short barrel.

I think the P250 is a little ugly, and while I love my P320, in SC I think the P250 might make more sense.

Here's a video I found to make a good case for the P250sc:

[video]https://youtu.be/U97PZZUS4u0[/video]

Oh, and it's available all over the place for about $400.

Last edited:

hondaCBR

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 7, 2016
    Indiana
    There are a bunch of decent ones out there if he gets the lc9 he should go for the lc9s. Cz p-07 is another great one and at $450ish it's best bang for your buck in my opinion. Glock 43 and g26 are right there with it. My friend is super happy with his m&p 9c. I have to admit I like that as well. Another friend of mine narrowed down his choices to the Walther CCP and the h&k vp9. He went with the Walther. If your friend has small hands I'd have him check out those two I just mentioned or the g43. Otherwise all mentioned would be great choices

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I chose the Sig 938 for my subcompact 9mm. It's thin, has a safety and is a relatively soft shooter compared to other small 9mms. It's also nearly identical to my Sig P238. That was my pocket gun until my son absconded with it. I had a PF9 and really did not care for it.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I like the little Sig 938 but I actually prefer the 238. I am not a fan of .380 but the 238 seams to be a good option.

I do not care for the KelTec PF9. The examples I have shot have had recoil like a biting sow, crummy trigger and unreliable.

Only shot a maybe three different Ruger LC9. They shot ok. They all puked. One of them kept dropping the magazine out after every shot. Need to use a teacup grip I suppose.

Nano was OK. Only shot one.

Shield just works

Glock 26 just works. Too early yet for me to form an opinion of the G43. G43 is a bit small and little harder to shoot IMO. But if you want a small 9mm it might be good compromise of really small and 9mm.

Kahr PM9 works. Hard as hell to rack though.

Springfield XDs works. Nice trigger. Don't care for the grip safety or the made in Croatia.

Walther PPS. Mine is a gen 1. Only complaint is the magazine bases are a bit flimsy. Magazines are near impossible to find. Probably the most accurate of the list.

edit: After some thought Shield and G26 currently top my list.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom