• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I’m probably odd but having a Hi Power at one point I like the CZ 75B better.

However in the last 30 years I have also carried and been issued the Beretta and SIG P series. The Beretta in DA/SA DC Only and DAO Regular and Vertec Grip and they all ran great. I have also been issued and owned SIG P series (220,328 and 226 Legion) and They also rate very high. I have seen great dependability, longevity and accuracy out of all 3

The S&W 5900 series are good just being out of formal production for about 12 years (NYPD and LAPD contracts don’t count) parts can be a task to find if you need them.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Oddly enough, the CZ-75 took some of the best from the High power, but improved JMB's design (forgive me JMB fans, but it is true) I don't think you can go wrong on any 75 variant. The new Rock Island STK 100, while not steel, has an aluminum frame, which reduces recoil, so that might be an option, of course all of the above mentioned Beretta 92's fit your parameters, and as you have said the new High power from Springfield looks great! And yes, if money were no object the 210 would be in my stable too....

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Personally I would wait on the SA-35 it looks like Springfield Armory has some kinks to work out still. Seems like the extractors go around 700-800 rounds

toyotaslave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Princeton
    Personally I would wait on the SA-35 it looks like Springfield Armory has some kinks to work out still. Seems like the extractors go around 700-800 rounds

I agree it's not quite there yet.

Honestly I was not aware Sig P210 was in active production. I'm going to see if my local dealer has a line on one. If not, I'll look at CZ and Beretta.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I agree it's not quite there yet.

Honestly I was not aware Sig P210 was in active production. I'm going to see if my local dealer has a line on one. If not, I'll look at CZ and Beretta.

The P210 carry is on my list of guns I have no idea why I want actually :abused: , that being said the one new production P210 I have been able to handle the trigger did not impress me unfortunately. Maybe the one I sampled just had a bad factory trigger it happens, so I would advise to try to see it in person before you lay down the coin.

Also definitely give the Shadow 2 or Tactical Sport from CZ a shot before you commit IMHO those two are fantastic pistols.

Daburkster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2022
    Fort Wayne IN
    Hey all! I am looking to add a 9mm pistol to the stable for range fun.

I am not looking to add 1911 in 9mm, another polymer wonder, or a revolver.

I want a steel framed accurate (as I can get for fun) pistol just for fun in the daytime. Something with some heft and soul. This is not likely to ever be carried or used for home defense; so no tac rail, red dots or anything fancy. Nice iron sights, maybe a fiber optic front or big dot is about as custom as I'd go with this one.

So far I like the looks of the Springfield SA-35 but haven't been able to get my paws on one, though I am a fan of the Hi-Power and it's design in general.
    I'm also liking the feel of the CZ 75 SP-01 but again have never owned a modern CZ (unless you call the CZ-52 modern - I don't).
    Beretta perhaps?

I'm not tied to a strict budget on this one but I would like to buy new. It's just a personal preference.

What stock pistol would you say fits the criteria?
    You can’t go wrong with CZ. I am blown away with the quality of their steel frame pistols.

Lmo1131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2020
    east of the Pacific
    Another vote for the CZ 75 Compact. I actually like it just the way it came out of the box.

1651080482088.png

I recently got CZ's .22LR Kadet "Adapter" Kit, so now, essentially, I have two CZs. The .22LR is a tack driver.

1651080669477.png

B737Mech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2010
    Noblesville
    I want a steel framed accurate (as I can get for fun) pistol just for fun in the daytime. Something with some heft and soul. This is not likely to ever be carried or used for home defense; so no tac rail, red dots or anything fancy. Nice iron sights, maybe a fiber optic front or big dot is about as custom as I'd go with this one.
    My first 9mm was a MR Baby Eagle all steel semi-compact that I still wish I hadn't sold. I loved how that gun shot but wanted to get into something for EDC. I know it is a CZ-75 clone, but I have not had the pleasure of shooting the CZ-75 so can't really comment on it. Now that IWI is selling the original Jericho again I would love to get one of those.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    I’m probably odd but having a Hi Power at one point I like the CZ 75B better.

However in the last 30 years I have also carried and been issued the Beretta and SIG P series. The Beretta in DA/SA DC Only and DAO Regular and Vertec Grip and they all ran great. I have also been issued and owned SIG P series (220,328 and 226 Legion) and They also rate very high. I have seen great dependability, longevity and accuracy out of all 3

The S&W 5900 series are good just being out of formal production for about 12 years (NYPD and LAPD contracts don’t count) parts can be a task to find if you need them.
    I see NIB 5900 Smiths on GB fairly regularly, and at good prices. They're probably unissued LEO guns but that would be my recommendation. DAO 5946 is one of my favorites and fits in very well with the idea of an all steel range toy,.....and a perfect home defense gun as well. The guns were/are common enough that I don't see parts ever becoming a problem. Smith may not support them anymore, but parts are out there. I've got enough myself to rebuild the gun 10x over.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I own a bunch of Sigs and have a Sig on my hip every day but, if I'm going to shoot for the shear enjoyment of shooting, it's a CZ that's going to the range. Whether it's a steel Compact or full size, the CZ platform is as sweet a shooting iron as you could possibly want.
    e306d540163f7f6b56dd11d562d18c0b.jpg
    0cf5783589dc043f5353edf81dd7c5ae.jpg
    a017e8794d238a5019994f26169858d6.jpg

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    I know you said new but......
    3rd gen Smith and Wesson are very cool. Come in a ton of configurations and IF you can find one are fairly inexpensive for the most part. Built like tanks and utterly reliable..And do have soul in my opinion only..But you can't buy a new one.
    Even the first gens are things of beauty and soul...
    PUpGQuv.jpg

f6kRfDr.jpg

Top Bottom