• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ed steinberry

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2022
    New castle
    best 9mm carbine under 750? Preferably one that takes Glock mags but that’s not a deal breaker. I’ve been looking at some of the palmetto state options but I haven’t fired any of them before.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    PSA makes decent ARs. Dont sweat if you cant buy a complete PCC. I had to buy my upper and lower separately ( both complete, just had to put the two halves together) two days apart due to demand. Do they even sell complete PCCs now?

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I picked up both of my Ruger PC Carbines for less than $600 used. I really like them and use them for steel challenge.

PSA has "blems" for sale regularly. Last time they were $600. I got one and it runs great.

My AR9 and the Ruger PCC weigh just about the same.

Range USA usually has the Ruger PCC on their rental wall. If you're near NWI I'd be willing to get together with you.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I picked up both of my Ruger PC Carbines for less than $600 used. I really like them and use them for steel challenge.

PSA has "blems" for sale regularly. Last time they were $600. I got one and it runs great.

My AR9 and the Ruger PCC weigh just about the same.

Range USA usually has the Ruger PCC on their rental wall. If you're near NWI I'd be willing to get together with you.
    IIRC I paid $480 after transfer for mine. It was the same year they came out and Brownells had a Christmas sale on them with free shipping. I can't believe how much they are now.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I can't believe how much they are now.
    Well - what doesn't cost more in the last couple of years?

gun.deals shows the base model for about $540 plus shipping and fees:

Palmetto is out of the blem AR9's, but last go round they were $600 plus taxes, fees, etc.

The advantage/disdvantage of the AR9 is that you can customize it just like any other AR. I've already put a better trigger and a reddot on mine.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    Freedom Ordnance FX-9. Made in Evansville.
    I have the 8 inch model. Prolly gonna buy the 16" upper if/when AFT's new rules screw us all.
    I have had zero issues with mine so far and it is very accurate.
    MSRP is $829, but they can be had cheaper. Bud's has them for $668.14
    Rural King lists them for $699.97

Last edited:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    So not a Glock mag user but +1 for the Beretta CX4 carbine. Yes it is goofy looking but it is very compact, uses readily available 92 series mags including factory 30 rnd, and is fully ambidextrous with L or R hand ejection. I rarely shoot it but when I do I love it. No recoil, accurate, and fun.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Foxtrot Mike makes an excellent AR9 in your price range. Great company and very nice gun. I have the 5" pistol version.
    I have both a Ruger PC9 and a Foxtrot Mike 9mm carbine. The Foxtrot is my favorite 9mm carbine.

If the brace rules were not going to change, another good one is the Extar EP-9.

ProductShotR-768x402.jpg

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    OK, I'll go out on a limb - Calico 9mm! 50 to 100 rounds, bottom eject, fully ambi, not too heavy. Somewhat difficult to reload, but who needs that with 100 rounds? You just have to find one that's not a jam-o-matic. Awkward cheek weld, removing the mag unzeros the sights.

We have several, besides the Calico:
    Uzi (a bit heavy but very accurate, and it's an Uzi!)
    MP5 clone (no much bad to say about it, except the SBR is an NFA item)
    Ruger PC9 (the old one that takes P-series mags - got for $400 with ghost ring sights as a police turn-in. Heavy but utterly reliable and fairly accurate)
    Sub 2000 (the old one - originally took S&W mags but modified the Ruger P-series so they fit. Awkward cheek weld and strange cocking, but folds small)
    Sub 2000 (the new one that takes G19 mags - haven't tried it yet)

PUNISHER1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2022
    Holy moly.....there are a TON of options for a 9mm carbine. Every gun company and its mother makes 9mm carbines.
    Yeah. MechTech is kind of a cool, different way to achieve the carbine though.
    Using a hand gun you already own parts, mags, tiggers, ext for and making it into a carbine.
    Always thought it was kind of a cool way to do it

Top Bottom