• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    If I had the ability to get 1.21 gigawatts to the flux capacitor, I would time travel daily on my way to and from work. I try not to be aggressive when I drive but I also have no qualms about passing on the right if someone is camped out in the left lane.

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    I never give anyone brave enough to roll a VW on the big road any :poop: as long as they keep it in the right lane. We used to use a VW bus to haul my PA system for the band and it was hopped up and still a turd on the big road. Much respect.

And even the sparky drivers. Just use the proper lane and roll on.
    Heck, I ride in the break down lane sometimes too, but it’s usually for the right reasons.

I’m the kinda guy that puts his right directional on a quarter mile before the exit, turn off or the ‘slow traffic’ lanes to let the person behind me know that I’ll be out of their way soon

1gunaholic

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 10, 2021
    Central Indiana
    Hold my beer, bro...I drive a VW Vanagon Westfalia 8 months out of the year and I drive a LOT of highway...because I pay taxes too, lol.

4500lbs of German steel being pushed by a 95hp 2.1L flat four at 60mph cruising speed at 3400rpms and I get 18 mpg. Sure, it makes people mad for a minute...then I flip them off and they can’t help but smile at the irony of getting the bird from some former Marine in a hippie van.

Slow and low, that is the tempo.
    Gotta LOVE those old VW Vanagon Westfalias. Definitely a small tank on 4 wheels - I've had several versions of VW busses. 60mph is top end on those as they have all the aerodynamic purity of s sheet metal cow shed, but that's part of their attraction.

1gunaholic

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 10, 2021
    Central Indiana
    They must have been drug enforcement, not highway patrol that day. Speed limit is the speed limit. I mostly stay out of the fast lane but if I need to pass, you can just suck it up and take those extra few seconds it takes to wait for me. The assholes are the impatient speeders who think they're so special that we should all just get outta their way. Bite my DOT bumper, turd knots.
    If they were DEA, you'd think they'd be interested in the mule train of high dollar cars hauling ass, and possibly drugs, through the corridor.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    OMHO:

Cars have become faster (more power, on average), smoother, and better insulate the driver from the world around them. The electronic "nannies" give a false sense of control and security. The vast majority of people are well above their skill level at 70, let alone faster. Add in traffic (e.g.: trucks at 65 MPH) and the huge speed differential becomes a hazard. Remember: you are traveling 160 feet per second at 90 MPH. Half of a football field.

If people left appropriate space, signaled their intentions, passed with care, and reduced their speed when encountering traffic, I might change my opinion.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    OMHO:

Cars have become faster (more power, on average), smoother, and better insulate the driver from the world around them. The electronic "nannies" give a false sense of control and security. The vast majority of people are well above their skill level at 70, let alone faster. Add in traffic (e.g.: trucks at 65 MPH) and the huge speed differential becomes a hazard. Remember: you are traveling 160 feet per second at 90 MPH. Half of a football field.

If people left appropriate space, signaled their intentions, passed with care, and reduced their speed when encountering traffic, I might change my opinion.

What do you know? It not like there are ever multi car pile ups on the interstate or around Indy. (Purple)

I know a lady that almost lost her daughter and all of her grandkids. They were on their way to Florida and were rear ended while in the middle lane while moving with traffic. We made the same trip the next week and middle lane traffic was moving anywhere between 77-82 mph. The minivan we rented felt like a brick on top of a roller skate.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    It's been a few years and things have changed for sure but I did an experiment one year. Because people were saying "everyone is driving 75-80" I wanted to see what would happen if I drove the speed limit. So for one year I drove the speed limit. And my findings were that on the interstates it really wasn't bad. I occasionally passed a vehicle and vehicles occasionally passed me. More passed me than I passed, but not so many that I felt like I was standing still.

Things changed though when I got around the larger cities. Like Chicago. Driving 55 around Chicago was pretty brutal.

Town driving was a non issue going the speed limit.

At the end of the year I resumed my normal 5-7 MPH over the limits. I still question really how many people are cruising at 80+ MPH. At 75-77 I don't have many people passing me.

I'm not a truck driver but I have well over 1,000,000 miles driving so I do have some experience after 35 years of being a road warrior.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Kentucky must not care about speeders. On numerous trips between Indiana and Nashville I’ve seen 10-15 cars in a line in KY who must have been pushing 100 mph zoom past Troopers parked in the median with no effort to slow them down.

Oh, they cared. This was years ago before the points system. Many experiences being pulled over and even held at gunpoint. I've since grown up a little.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So when I drive one of the big cars GT500 Shelby or my wife’s Super Stock.
    I generally run about 75 and mind my own business in the right lane. It is fun to have uninformed people attempt at bullying me on the road.

If you not ridden in one of the modern Muscle cars a 70 to 130+ blast is mind numbing.
    Most normal cars are speed limited at some point due to tire ratings. 105,110,120,130.

I will let Mr.orMs. Speeder get behind me and slowly increase speed usually by about 110 they hit the speed limiter.

When I drive my Semi truck I run 68 and stay in the right lane as much as possible.

Top Bottom