• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Looking for Suggestions As I am looking add a few as I Only have Two. Have tried Mcgar magazines in the past and it was nothing but a problem feed issues etc. So far the two that I have are Chip Mccormick magazines , just wondering if they are still the best bang for your buck?

Thanks

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    I've had no problems with colt, metal form, Wilson combat, or some ancient gi mags.
    That's in .45acp, 9mm, and 10mm.
    Just stay away from promag, those are the only ones I have had trouble with, they don't even fit my Std. Mfg. Never had any trouble with any others (kimber, mecgar, etc.).

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    You should just get a Platypus

624nScb.jpg

That's the worst way to say get a Staccato I have ever seen, keep the poors and their filthy Glock brand Glock magazines away from John Moses Browning's utter genius.

To OP's actual question, Wilson Combat is always the answer for 1911 magazines. Never had any issues , though only have their .45acp magazines myself.

CB1911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 27, 2018
    Putnam County
    Wilson Combat. I have around a dozen of the 10 rounders. Flawless and they get used in competition. Recently have purchased a few of their 9 round flush fit magazines and have been just as reliable.

schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    Looking for Suggestions As I am looking add a few as I Only have Two. Have tried Mcgar magazines in the past and it was nothing but a problem feed issues etc. So far the two that I have are Chip Mccormick magazines , just wondering if they are still the best bang for your buck?

Thanks
    I pretty much exclusively use Wilson Combat mags in my 9mm 1911 (the exception is the 2 factory mags). They have never given me an issue so no reason to change. I do use McCormick mags in my 45ACP guns though, again never an issue so I stay with what works.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I was having some magazine issues with the factory Springfield Magazines with a new 9mm Range Officer model. I am pretty sure the ones they replaced the defective ones with were Metal form brand.

I just looked and every magazine I have for that pistol are Metal Form branded. They have a spacer in the back to keep the rounds pushed forward. I don't know if that is the secret, but they all work flawlessly.

Top Bottom