• ...and so much more!
  • LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Might be more of a 1st amendment issue for sure, but it ties in with the current attack on the 2nd.

Expelled from school and charged by the police. The article doesn't specify what he was charged with. Maybe inciting hysteria or something.

Supposedly didn't not violate any written school policy, and supposedly didn't get aggressive with anyone. I'm looking for more on the story, but here is one source.

8th grade student suspended, arrested over gun t-shirt - WOWK 13 Charleston, Huntington WV News, Weather, Sports

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Might be more of a 1st amendment issue for sure, but it ties in with the current attack on the 2nd.

Expelled from school and charged by the police. The article doesn't specify what he was charged with. Maybe inciting hysteria or something.

Supposedly didn't not violate any written school policy, and supposedly didn't get aggressive with anyone. I'm looking for more on the story, but here is one source.

8th grade student suspended, arrested over gun t-shirt - WOWK 13 Charleston, Huntington WV News, Weather, Sports
    The article says he is charged with "obstruction and disturbing the education process". Sounds like they made up the second one so they could charge him with obstructing its enforcement.

I go to West Virginia often. Something has been disturbing the education process there for generations, and I don't think it was this kid.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'm guessing the teacher making a big deal out of his shirt was the "Disturbing the education process" charge, and the student saying "Hey! I'm just trying to do my school work!" was the obstruction.

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    As silly as this is, I thought everyone knew pictures of guns on your clothes was "verboden" in school.

It was in my school. However, if you watch the video, the reporter cites a copy of the school's dress code and it only mentions profanity.

This kid will be able to buy a bunch of NRA shirts after his lawyer(s) get done with the school system. Ouch.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    As silly as this is, I thought everyone knew pictures of guns on your clothes was "verboden" in school.
    My daughter wears a shirt advertising a local gun shop to school regularly, and has never had a negative word said about it. Our school system is effed up, but I guess the panic over guns hasn't hit here yet.:dunno:

If it were to ever be an issue, and an arrest or even a call to the cops was made, I would make it my life mission to be the biggest pain in the ass the school board has ever known. I don't care for the lawsuit happy society we live in, but I would damn sure find the best attorney I could afford to ruin the day for the idiots who perpetrated something like this.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    What's interesting, is that in Indiana a Federal court ruled that schools may NOT have this kind of policy. A student sued a school system up north, and won. They had kicked him out over a Marines shirt with a rifle on it. The court ruled that they can have anti-violence policies, but not may not violate the student's 1st Amendment rights. I'd have to search for the case details.....

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    My daughter wears a shirt advertising a local gun shop to school regularly, and has never had a negative word said about it. Our school system is effed up, but I guess the panic over guns hasn't hit here yet.:dunno:

If it were to ever be an issue, and an arrest or even a call to the cops was made, I would make it my life mission to be the biggest pain in the ass the school board has ever known. I don't care for the lawsuit happy society we live in, but I would damn sure find the best attorney I could afford to ruin the day for the idiots who perpetrated something like this.

Does it have a picture of a gun or just wording? Don't get me wrong, the system is messed up to have these rules at all and if this school didn't have the rule of no images of guns then where is the issue? If it does have a no gun images rule like a LOT of schools then this isn't about the NRA or his political stance or anything.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Even more entertaining:
    West Virginia Lawmakers OK Musket For High School Mascot | WOUB

Mascot of a WV High School
    HS_Parkersburg%20South.jpg

So, images of guns are obviously allows in West Virginia schools.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Does it have a picture of a gun or just wording? Don't get me wrong, the system is messed up to have these rules at all and if this school didn't have the rule of no images of guns then where is the issue? If it does have a no gun images rule like a LOT of schools then this isn't about the NRA or his political stance or anything.
    It actually has a 1911ish gun on it, and says shoot often, carry safely.

Oh, and most of my post wasn't directed at your comment, but the whole situation in general.:)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm seeing a big payoff at the end of this. I hope this really hits them in the pocket and gets some attention. The unfortunate part is that hitting the school system in the pocket, hits the tax payer in the pocket, but I still hope the school system gets hammered.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    When I was in high school I took a graphic arts class (a welcome break from all the "college-prep" stuff). One project had to be a screen printing job. I made iron-on shirt transfers featuring the album cover of one of my favorite old-school, California punk rock bands:

tumblr_lxlt0cQhs31qfi0xio1_1280.jpg

"Anarchy burger! Hold the government!":rockwoot:

Nobody said ***** about it, except that the teacher wanted me to make one for him too.

How times have changed.
    (And not necessarily for the better.)

Top Bottom