64 year old man refuses trip to hospital, gets tasered.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Gotta love immediate detention!

Lock you up for up to 72 hours because you may be a danger to yourself...

I HATED transporting those patients because the cops would never ride along in the ambulance, and if the patient said "let me out now" we had no legal recourse to not do just that, yet it'd mean the loss of my job...

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Sounds like the police made up a story in an attempt to prove he was temporarily mentally incompetent.

This is assault or battery, whichever the courts hopefully decide

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Gotta love immediate detention!

Lock you up for up to 72 hours because you may be a danger to yourself...

I HATED transporting those patients because the cops would never ride along in the ambulance, and if the patient said "let me out now" we had no legal recourse to not do just that, yet it'd mean the loss of my job...

That seems like a bad spot to be in.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    That seems like a bad spot to be in.

Yep. Lose my job, or risk charges of criminal confinement...

Going solely by the media report it sounded like the officers responding didn't like their orders being challenged. Of course, we'll never really know what was going on, but I have a hard time understanding the need to taser someone who is not physically threatening the officers.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    After going over this again I would almost guess that the medics called the police. I can only assume they heard him say the if he had a gun he would shoot himself. Albeit they apparently need purple to understand sarcasm. Given the knowledge they had the police could force him to go to the hospital, however, tasing and arresting him was excessive

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    "Stop resisting! Stop resisting! Stop resisting! Stop resisting! Stop resisting! Stop resisting!"

Somebody will be by to defend the police actions soon enough.

Seriously, how does anyone think that was justified?

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Yikes! is it just me or does there seem to be more & more of these types of stories? (excessive use/abuse of tasers).

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Thank God this threat to society was tazed. Who knows how many children/puppies/minorities would have been murdered had this monster not been tazed?!

The only thing missing is a good night stick to his throat... maybe shoot his dog and then his wife.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Yikes! is it just me or does there seem to be more & more of these types of stories? (excessive use/abuse of tasers).

That's the problem with "less lethal". JBT's don't have to use restraint. Tasers? Cook 'em now, take your paid leave, and be back on the job in a month. You can't get away with that with a firearm. Well, not as easily.

(BTW: I believe there is a HUGE difference between LEOs and JBTs)

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    The guy was definitely taking an offensive stance, I could tell by his sitting on the couch leisurely in repose with one leg crossed that he was definitely ready to attack. . . . .a tall boy!

Everytime I see something like this I can hear Cartman in the background, "You will respect my authoritah"!!

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    there is no shortage of events like this by leo and they are becoming more common by the day. the few good ones left wont stand against the bad ones. that whole thin blue line thing. i realize the good ones are outnumbered but if they took a stand i bet the citizens would stand with them. at least the ones smart enough to see whats going on the rest will still keep licking thier boots and singing thier praises.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    "Stop resisting! Stop resisting! Stop resisting! Stop resisting! Stop resisting! Stop resisting!"

Somebody will be by to defend the police actions soon enough.

Seriously, how does anyone think that was justified?

The greater crime is that you can be arrested and the only charges filed against you are..........resisting arrest. A judge dismissed, sure. Unfortunately, no restitution was immediately rewarded to the poor mundane who was electrocuted in his own home and drug down to the jail.

Top Bottom