• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Wow, it ain't cheap. Maybe I should dig through my reloading room and find all the brass I've got no use for

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Wow, it ain't cheap. Maybe I should dig through my reloading room and find all the brass I've got no use for
    New brass is around $1 to $1.50 per round, so $0.60 is not bad for used brass. I have a hard time keeping new brass in stock, even at those prices. I'm amazed that brass prices have gotten so high, and also that it's selling faster than ever.

Chalky

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2019
    Central IN
    It comes in stock and goes quick. Starline seems to be coming in around $1.30 ea at retailers. Cheaper if you watch Starlines web site when they show it was available for backorder. They usually fill them within a few weeks but... Natchez has Nosler right now for $1.83ea. Oouch... Lately for Grendel it's been cheaper to buy the ammo vs reloading. Then re-use the brass. OP, thanks for the info.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    New brass is around $1 to $1.50 per round, so $0.60 is not bad for used brass. I have a hard time keeping new brass in stock, even at those prices. I'm amazed that brass prices have gotten so high, and also that it's selling faster than ever.
    I'm just buying new ammunition then reloading it. Also it isn't to hard to convert 7.62x39mm brass to 6.5 Grendel. Just time consuming.

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    I have a decent supply of brass but always want more. RK had factory black for $21. This stuff patterns like 00buck out of my rifle and couldn't force myself to buy just for brass.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    This was my practice to build brass supply for 6.5C. WWB 60x at Wally then reload...
    I've been buying Hornady black because my rifle likes it and it's pretty close to the accuracy of my reloads.
    I seen a video of a guy who bought wolf's 6.5 Grendel pulled the bullets and powder, reloaded it with the same powder but with a consistent load and I believe Hornady SST bullets.
    That also seems like a lot of work.
    I have some of wolf's 6.5 Grendel myself. If I did pull it I'd use better powder and SST or another match grade bullet. I measured the bullets in the wolf they are .260". To small of a diameter for 6.5 which should be around 264". I found out why in a hurry my rifle hated them. I'm surprised the barrel was able to stabilize the bullet.

Jlong51454

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2022
    Indainapolis
    It comes in stock and goes quick. Starline seems to be coming in around $1.30 ea at retailers. Cheaper if you watch Starlines web site when they show it was available for backorder. They usually fill them within a few weeks but... Natchez has Nosler right now for $1.83ea. Oouch... Lately for Grendel it's been cheaper to buy the ammo vs reloading. Then re-use the brass. OP, thanks for the info.
    I am one of those 6arc folks and as hard as it is to find Grendel brass at a decent price 6 arc is to the moon. I got on gunbroker last night and found people bidding over 2 bucks a piece for once fired 6arc brass. I nearly swallowed my tongue.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    I've been buying Hornady black because my rifle likes it and it's pretty close to the accuracy of my reloads.
    I seen a video of a guy who bought wolf's 6.5 Grendel pulled the bullets and powder, reloaded it with the same powder but with a consistent load and I believe Hornady SST bullets.
    That also seems like a lot of work.
    I have some of wolf's 6.5 Grendel myself. If I did pull it I'd use better powder and SST or another match grade bullet. I measured the bullets in the wolf they are .260". To small of a diameter for 6.5 which should be around 264". I found out why in a hurry my rifle hated them. I'm surprised the barrel was able to stabilize the bullet.
    What pills are you running for 6.5G? I am getting good accuracy with 90gr Speer TNTs. Devastating on ground hogs. :thumbsup:

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I bit the bullet and bought a 100 rounds on Wednesday. It showed up at my door on Saturday via USPS, cleaned, polished and all the same head stamp. Just need to deprime and sort through it now.

Top Bottom