• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • k1500

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2013
    West Lafayette
    I was in Indy 3/21 to meet a friend after he finished work. I decided to pick a gun store on the way to downtown. 500 guns was an easy choice due to my route of travel. I parked across the street and saw a sign as I approached the store:

"No loaded guns"
    "No cel phones"

I couldn't believe that a gun store wouldn't allow someone to legally carry their personal weapon. They might as well put a "no guns" sign outside instead. And cel phones? What are the two things a LTCH holder would be carrying? A loaded, holstered gun and a cel phone. I did go back to my vehicle to put my "banned" items inside and considered driving away. I went inside anyway to look around. Even if they had something I wanted, I won't be giving my money to a anti-gun gun store.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    You dont have to respect the sign anyway as long as you can legally carry so it's not really a big deal.
    Maybe the sign just means "Dont bring a loaded gun if you want to try holsters for it (or offer it for sale or whatever), and dont take pictures of our guns and prices with your cellphone while inside".

They probably have nothing against people having a phone in their pocket and a loaded gun in their holster and long as you dont take any of those items out.:dunno:

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I was in Indy 3/21 to meet a friend after he finished work. I decided to pick a gun store on the way to downtown. 500 guns was an easy choice due to my route of travel. I parked across the street and saw a sign as I approached the store:

"No loaded guns"
    "No cel phones"

I couldn't believe that a gun store wouldn't allow someone to legally carry their personal weapon. They might as well put a "no guns" sign outside instead. And cel phones? What are the two things a LTCH holder would be carrying? A loaded, holstered gun and a cel phone. I did go back to my vehicle to put my "banned" items inside and considered driving away. I went inside anyway to look around. Even if they had something I wanted, I won't be giving my money to a anti-gun gun store.

You may not be aware, though I can't imagine, that they are not in the best part of town. I should know, I used to live a block away. The owner caters mostly to higher end hunting rifles and shotguns, some handguns, and out front the less expensive rifles taken in. I have bought a few guns there. The owner is a big game hunter and decent though the other guy there sometimes seems less friendly.

Forget how many years ago but there was an attempted robbery there. Two guys came in and one of them got the owners gun from the him while the other one told the other perp to take him into the bathroom and do him. So the perp took the owner into the bathroom and there was a loud bang so when the owner walked out of the bathroom the other guy was really surprised just before he got a bullet between the eyes. The other perp couldn't figure out how to work the safety on the gun he took off the owner and the owner had another gun in the bathroom. It is understandable that they are a bit wary.

Here is another story there just last year.

Police: Burglars break in west side Indianapolis gun store using car

Thieves get away with 27 handguns

Police: Burglars break-in Speedway gun store using car - TheIndyChannel.com

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Maybe the the shop management doesn't care to wait on or have people mulling around in the shop with a phone continually stuck to the side of their head? I know that annoys the crap out of me, on top of the fact it could be a security issue.

I quit paying attention to signs such as this years ago, when I found that they carry no legal weight. I actually don't mind them at all. It makes for less muzzles being pointed at me. ;)

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    There is quite a few shops around Indianapolis that have no loaded gun signs.

The ones I can think of is Bradis, Dons, and Indy 500 guns.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

"No loaded guns"
    "No cel phones"

OK hot shot....did you look around the area. Take a close look at the neighborhood. The owner has had to shoot and kill 2 drugged out POS thieves in that very store. The signs on the door are his lawyer telling him to cover his A$$......I know this as everyone in that store is a personal friend of mine. That is why you have to be buzzed in.
    Seriously, I am so over the "I will not spend my money here cause they got a sign"
    It is a freaking sign. Cover your sidearm and go on in. I do.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No cells phones means they don't want you price shopping online.

No, it means stay off the darn phone in the store. People tend to almost yell when they are on the phone with total dis-regard for anyone else.
    Again, look at the area. Just saying folks, making a point.
    Those people are as pro-2A as they come.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Drove by there the other day and saw what looked to be some punks standing out front all pissed off for not getting buzzed in. Yeah, not the greatest area.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Back home.

Scary folks pretty much everywhere anymore. We just moved back in to the house I grew up in on Goodlet last year. We bought it from my brothers and sisters from my late Mother's estate. We left Avon just in time according to this morning's news! :D Dad built this house and me in 1948 and I am comfortable here and refuse to be run off! I have lived most of my adult life away from Indy and am rather happy to be,"back in da'hood".

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Scary folks pretty much everywhere anymore. We just moved back in to the house I grew up in on Goodlet last year. We bought it from my brothers and sisters from my late Mother's estate. We left Avon just in time according to this morning's news! :D Dad built this house and me in 1948 and I am comfortable here and refuse to be run off! I have lived most of my adult life away from Indy and am rather happy to be,"back in da'hood".

I know about where you are. My dad grew up right around the corner from you on 16th st. The house is gone now and a gas station is there but the memory's are still present.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Drove by there the other day and saw what looked to be some punks standing out front all pissed off for not getting buzzed in. Yeah, not the greatest area.

So wait, they buzz or don't buzz people into the store based on how they look?

Top Bottom