• ...and so much more!
  • Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Not everybody has easy access to a 1000 yard range, nor do all Ferrari owners have easy access to race tracks. Doesn't mean if you want a BMG .50 rifle you shouldnt get one. Although I had heard of a guy shooting his at an indoor 25 yard range. I thought that was outright silly.

Agreed. I was just giving him some grief. It was all in good fun (at least I thought so). :D

But we do have a serious lack of longer range shooting outlets here in Central Indiana. I would love to have some place to test the legs on my PSL at 300 or 400 yards (or further). My guess is my lack of skill will do me poorly in that. But I sure would love to try. :ar15:

I did get a chance to shoot another member's .50 out at Linden on their 100 yard range. It was one of the AR-15 upper .50s (maybe Safe Harbor?). Definitely a lot of fun.

peloe16

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Cincy
    agreed with earlier post. barretts might be more expensive, but you are already paying more, get what you want. I've shot barretts and they are awesome.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Hope you're kidding... =)

He's sorta right. Good boattail or scenar bullets have their maximum stability out past 200 yards, and most .50bmg rounds are boattail or scenar.

I've found the practical difference among my precision rounds is a 5 shot group size of .75moa at 100 yards going down to about .5moa at 200 yards+.

But not everyone buys a .50bmg to shoot long ranges. I didn't initially, I was just having fun making big noises and seeing what the round would do to various things I'd shoot.

black label

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Hobart
    Ok everybody calm down. I was sighting in a brand new scope and rifle, at the hundred yd range. I didn't have a spotter, so it is easier too shoot at 100yds yard range so i could see where my bullets were hitting and to get it zeroed on paper. I was saying it was sub MoA at 100yds yds just to show accuracy, I know the bullet hasn't stabilized yet, but to get that kind of accuracy with no flyers, speaks a lot about the gun. this is all I was trying to get across since the op asked about the bushmaster.

Beowolf, no offense taken. I don't get butthurt by people who don't know me, or that haven't shot with me. I know everyone on here like to make there little smata$$ comments, as do I. And that was all that was taken as, I made a smartw$$ comment right back.

As for shooting a 50 on a short range, so what if that's all you have and your safe who cares. We didn't pay for their gun or ammo, so its really of no concern of anyone, besides the person who paid for it. Because if that is your thinking, then anyone with anything over 5.56 is wasting their time and money shooting at a 100 yd range.

Everything cool now:dunno:

Top Bottom