• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Big surprise. The .gov leftist mill strikes again.

Still a good post to inform those of us who otherwise would have missed this. :+1:

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    As stories like this and the one from CT start to pop up, hopefully parents will start to pay closer attention to the things being aked and taught to thier children, and this can have a snowball effect to actually start making change at the district level.

Parents should be asking the teachers and administrators of their schools just as many questions about their stances and teaching plans as they should be about any other subject. THey need to be going to board meetings, and participating in their childs scool life.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi

Yes, this is disturbing but certainly not surprising. This is the leftist "peace and safety at any cost" mantra. It appeals to those who don't know any better because it sounds good on the surface. It comes from the same root ideas that the "no sacrifice is too great to make for our children safety" idea.

Both are foolish ideas that depend on a warped worldview. It assume that a guaranteed "safe and peaceful" world/country/state/city/community/home can be achieved at all, and if so, that such a condition would include the liberties that we currently enjoy. In other words, "if we were only willing to be selfless enough to give up all these dangerous liberties we don't really need, that peace and safety would blossom."

There has NEVER in the totality of world history been such a place because it cannot happen. To work it takes absolute authority (i.e. a totalitarian state) but at the same time that absolute authority must be perfectly just and kind.

But "educators" are almost all elitists who dream dreams of utopian-cities where we just zip around in mass-transit, and are always safe because all crime and the means to commit crime are gone.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    These stories are so crazy sometimes I just have to wonder if they're fake, or maybe that's hope they are.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    These stories are so crazy sometimes I just have to wonder if they're fake, or maybe that's hope they are.

Good Lord, wake up. The Communists told you they would take over the education of your children. They told you they would take over the Unions. They told you they would take over the media.

Why does anyone question that this has already occurred in the face of so many fact to the contrary? It's already done.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Good Lord, wake up. The Communists told you they would take over the education of your children. They told you they would take over the Unions. They told you they would take over the media.

Why does anyone question that this has already occurred in the face of so many fact to the contrary? It's already done.
    I wasn't denying it. I was commenting on how ridiculous the situation is and how I wish it wasn't true. Some people just go through life looking for a fight, don't they?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    As stories like this and the one from CT start to pop up, hopefully parents will start to pay closer attention to the things being aked and taught to thier children, and this can have a snowball effect to actually start making change at the district level.

Parents should be asking the teachers and administrators of their schools just as many questions about their stances and teaching plans as they should be about any other subject. THey need to be going to board meetings, and participating in their childs scool life.

47 states have adopted Common Core. At some point the Feds will mandate compliance or the string of federal education dollars will be cut. States will be bullied into submission.

The idea of local control is already becoming antiquated. And quite honestly, parents just don't care. They themselves are likely the product of a public education. They see nothing wrong with modern education. I believe that the allure of a 5-day-a-week babysitter is too great for most parents. They'll continue to accept mediocrity in their children's education because it works for them.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    As stories like this and the one from CT start to pop up, hopefully parents will start to pay closer attention to the things being talked and taught to their children, and this can have a snowball effect to actually start making change at the district level.

Parents should be asking the teachers and administrators of their schools just as many questions about their stances and teaching plans as they should be about any other subject. They need to be going to board meetings, and participating in their child's school life.
    :yesway:
    Yes! This is the best response to this post that anyone could have... We have to learn that we're being indoctrinated at almost EVERY part of our lives. We need to make our own changes weather or not we're told to. This is the point of growing up. This is what you want your children to see, you learning... and making positive changes.

We cannot be afraid to continue learning... If our cup is too full there will be no more room for understanding that which we do not. Live and learn from these 2 dimensional understandings. Live another direction. And we will continue to fight them off for another day!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    :yesway:
    Yes! This is the best response to this post that anyone could have... We have to learn that we're being indoctrinated at almost EVERY part of our lives. We need to make our own changes weather or not we're told to. This is the point of growing up. This is what you want your children to see, you learning... and making positive changes.

We cannot be afraid to continue learning... If our cup is too full there will be no more room for understanding that which we do not. Live and learn from these 2 dimensional understandings. Live another direction. And we will continue to fight them off for another day!

Just so long as you recognize that you can no longer do this within the government school complex.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    47 states have adopted Common Core. At some point the Feds will mandate compliance or the string of federal education dollars will be cut. States will be bullied into submission.

The idea of local control is already becoming antiquated. And quite honestly, some parents just don't care. They themselves are likely the product of a public education, but not that, that is the only contributing factor at work here, or even relevant at all. Those parents see nothing wrong with modern education. I believe that the allure of a 5-day-a-week babysitter for those parents out there that look at in that sense, is too great for those irresponsible parents. They'll continue to accept mediocrity in their children's education because it works for them.

FTFY :yesway:

Please don't lump me in with "those" parents.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Well, explain to me how it's any different.

How what's any different? You lumping ALL parents who went to public school, and ALL parents whom have children in public school together into one large collective bag of don't-give-a-****?

Thanks, I see your true feelings on the subject now. Coming off very holier than thou, with statements such as those, you are.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner

Preeetty much that^.

That barely scratches the surface.
    If you have a kid in public school, your unanticipated butt should be planted in a seat in the back of the room. Any "school authority" denying parents that option...BIG RED FLAG.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    That barely scratches the surface.
    If you have a kid in public school, your unanticipated butt should be planted in a seat in the back of the room. Any "school authority" denying parents that option...BIG RED FLAG.

You gonna pay my bills and put food on my table for me and my son? I do spend a lot of time helping out, more so than a lot of the parents around there whom don't have jobs, and actually don't have to burn vacation time so they can volunteer in their child class room.

Please stop lumping ALL parents together. That's like me saying "All parents whom home school are over protective, tin foil hat wearing, comunists, whom are doomed to raise socially awkward children whom will have poor social skills later in life."

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    You never have one vacation day, one day off, one sick day...? Yeah, right.

Sorry I had gone back and was editing as you replied. Oh and to reiterate, I spend a lot more time in my son's class room than the parents whom are sucking off the GOV teet.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I do spend a lot of time helping out, more so than a lot of the parents around there whom don't have jobs, and actually don't have to burn vacation time so they can volunteer in their child class room.
    It's not a competition, so why mention other people and their lack of concern for their kid?

Please stop lumping ALL parents together.
    Being that my comment was the first post I've made in this thread, I think you meant that for someone else.
    Otherwise, if you're referencing my opinion on involvement...Yes, as a lump sum I think parents should be involved in more than asking a question or two on generic "parents' night".

That's like me saying "All parents whom home school are over protective, tin foil hat wearing, comunists, whom are doomed to raise socially awkward children whom will have poor social skills later in life."
    Even if that were true, at least they are taking responsibility for the education, physical protection, and all around "care" of their own child.
    So what of it?
    Why should they care what you think about their method any more than you should care what I (or any others) think of of yours? :dunno:

Top Bottom