• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slowmo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Indy area
    I am putting together an AR in 458 Socom. Should have the last few parts to complete my build later this week. I still need to get the ejection port on the upper receiver opened up though. I contacted AllenM and he was willing and able to do this for me, but his mill is out of the shop for upgrades. Anyone have recommendations on someone local? I live in Hendricks County and work downtown Indy, so close to those or in between would be a preference but not a requirement. Thanks.

Last edited:

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    I am putting together an AR in 458 Socom. Should have the last few parts to complete my build later this week. I still need to get the ejection port on the upper receiver opened up though. I contacted AllenM and he was willing and able to do this for me, but his mill is out of the shop for upgrades. Anyone have recommendations on someone local? I live in Hendricks County and work downtown Indy, so close to those or in between would be a preference but not a requirement. Thanks.

Wait for Allen to get his mill back. I just got done completing this on my own rifle, it is quite a bit of a pain if you don't have either a jig or a tilting/sine vice.

Edit... Unless of course you went with a standard receiver rather than the dpms low-pro. If you did use a standard receiver, any machine shop should be able to help you.

slowmo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Indy area
    Thanks for the input. I found a machine shop downtown that did it for me. I am using a standard receiver that I had been sitting on for a while. I had seen people online doing it with a dremel. I thought about just going that route, but decided to pay to have someone make cleaner, straighter cuts on the mill. They weren't real carful with it so there are a handful of dings in the finish. Not sure how it happened really. He offered to help me out either refunding money or helping refinish it for me. I decided I had to touch up the exposed aluminum anyway, so I will try that out first. It is a hunting rifle, so I'm not super concerned about it looking 100% perfect. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up something other than black down the road anyway.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Glad to see you got it done. Sorry I couldn't help. Let me know if you want to change colors down the road

slowmo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Indy area
    No problem. You were my first choice, but that doesn't always work out. I knew I had a stretch of work coming up that wouldn't leave me much time to get everything ready before deer season, so I wanted to get it done ASAP.

Top Bottom