• ...and so much more!
  • rockydog

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Lake Wawasee Northern IN
    I've seen 380 in 9 different places within 25 minutes of me within the last few weeks. I really haven't had any problem for about 6 months. (but I have heard at least 2 shops telling people about "how hard it is to find .380" :rolleyes:)

walmart(goshen but it's off and on)
    dunhams
    big R
    Millers Gun shop
    Syracuse hardware
    Albertsons
    LittleHawk
    Eagle Creek
    Crystalbrook enterpises

I think everytime I see a thread about how hard it is to find .380 the prices go up 2.00 a box :rolleyes:;)

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I've seen 380 in 9 different places within 25 minutes of me within the last few weeks. I really haven't had any problem for about 6 months. (but I have heard at least 2 shops telling people about "how hard it is to find .380" :rolleyes:)

I think everytime I see a thread about how hard it is to find .380 the prices go up 2.00 a box :rolleyes:;)

I buy my ammo from one of the largest distributors in the industry. 380 has losened up but it's still spotty at times. Many internet sites still show a third or more of their listed products out of stock. I keep a selection of 380 auto in stock because I sell more 380 pistols than any other cal. and I want to make sure my customers can get ammo. I mark a box up $2 and feel that is fair. I am sure some gun dealers/stores gouge people but we have gun owners who will buy a firearm and find it is a POS and turn around and use the classified section to resell it to another member. Who's the worse? If you are looking for something to complain about you can always find something. My feelings are if you don't like the price go someplace else and spend your money. :dunno:

rockydog

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Lake Wawasee Northern IN
    I buy my ammo from one of the largest distributors in the industry. 380 has losened up but it's still spotty at times. Many internet sites still show a third or more of their listed products out of stock. I keep a selection of 380 auto in stock because I sell more 380 pistols than any other cal. and I want to make sure my customers can get ammo. I mark a box up $2 and feel that is fair. I am sure some gun dealers/stores gouge people but we have gun owners who will buy a firearm and find it is a POS and turn around and use the classified section to resell it to another member. Who's the worse? If you are looking for something to complain about you can always find something. My feelings are if you don't like the price go someplace else and spend your money. :dunno:

I think you missunderstood me, or I didn't make myself clear. I haven't had any problems for a while finding .380. The prices have even started to come back in line. I even hope you're making at least 2.00 a box LOL

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    With the price of .380, it's no longer a plinking round. 10 years ago, it was. It was Americas 9mm. I only own one BUG in .380. I shoot a box of FMJ and a box of Golden Sabers every couple of months. Other than that, I keep a few hundred rounds in storage for when the SHTF. .380 is even expensive to reload these days. For a penny more, I can reload a .45acp.:dunno: I would never buy a "fun" gun in .380 unless I was rich. .380 is all business at this point.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Yeah, probably. ;)

Volume is one reason. Twice as much 9mm is mfg than any other center fire handgun cartridge. That means the fixed cost can be spread more thinly, hence it’s cheaper than .380 acp.

Maybe, not sure. I would think the same machines that turn out 9mm could load .380. Plus .380 contains less brass, lead, and powder. But I honestly do not know how the manufacturing and distribution process for ammunition works. You hit the nail square on the head that it is related to volume. Good old supply and demand. The Ultra Compact .380 market has exploded with all the new concealed carry laws. More people are buying bullets. Incidently 38 special and .357 are somewhat more difficult to find and prices have soared as well. Makes me wonder if compact revolver sales have increased as well?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    We've been getting a fairly steady supply of ball ammo into the store lately. Until the last batch, it's been selling very quickly as 380 owners stock up in case of another dry spell, but about half of the case I put out last week is still there.

Hollowpoints we've got out the butt. A whole bunch of Gold Dots, Golden Sabers, even a few PDX1s. So, ammo doesn't seem to be as impossible to find as it was a short while ago.

Top Bottom