• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    Well, i was wondering what was out there for it, as all I have is S & B 110gr fmj's, and some hand loaded 55gr accelerator sabots for my m1. And no, these accelerators are not down loaded, they have more recoil than the standard 110 fmj's, :patriot:

well, anyone have any info for me?

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    Well, i was wondering what was out there for it, as all I have is S & B 110gr fmj's, and some hand loaded 55gr accelerator sabots for my m1. And no, these accelerators are not down loaded, they have more recoil than the standard 110 fmj's, :patriot:

well, anyone have any info for me?

Did you handload the accelerator sabots yourself? If so, handloading would be the answer to your question.

If not, it's a good time to learn how to reload. You can get into a single stage press and dies for around $100. Powder and primers - see Indiana Gun Club in Geist.

You can certainly produce cheaper and higher quality rounds by rolling your own.

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    Did you handload the accelerator sabots yourself? If so, handloading would be the answer to your question.

If not, it's a good time to learn how to reload. You can get into a single stage press and dies for around $100. Powder and primers - see Indiana Gun Club in Geist.

You can certainly produce cheaper and higher quality rounds by rolling your own.
    those were handloaded by a gentleman in fishers I've bought ammo off of before that passed away, I found a source for the 308 to .22cal sabots, so do that and then get some 222 or 223 bullets.....and you're golden

edit: that source also had the die to load the sabot without damage

mrw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Aguila makes a 110gr round. Can you buy those sabots as components? I'd love to hand load some of those.

Didn't know about Corbon, are those using Barnes bullets?

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    Aguila makes a 110gr round. Can you buy those sabots as components? I'd love to hand load some of those.

Didn't know about Corbon, are those using Barnes bullets?

I just recently found a source for the plastic sabot piece to go from 308 to 22. It was like $8.xx for 50 IIRC, maybe that was for 100. But anyways, that, 223 ball or 22 hornet(lighter yet) would make handloading interesting with the cartridge

Flintlock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Southeastern Indiana
    CMP has a good deal on 500 rd cases of Aguila.

I have shot LC 72. I stocked up at the Ntl. Gun Day show a year ago at $35/120 round bando. Shoots pretty darn good. Better than I can.

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    IMG_0448.jpg

heres a comparison. btw, the sabots are LC 44 brass....:) I'll pm the site addy as I don't want to break advertising rules of the site.

Top Bottom