3 US Marines take down gunman firing AK-47 on train in France.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I'm familiar with scalding and plucking...and the accompanying smell. He described it as baking with feathers still on. He's probably been in the heat too long...

I've read of feathers-on chicken being baked in mud or clay; when done, break the mud/clay casing, et voila! zee feathers are pulled off with zee clay.

This is the first google mention I could find:

FOOD - CHICKEN IN CLAY - NYTimes.com

Years later, I dined in the home of Ed Giobbi, the painter and cookbook author - most recently co-author with Dr. Richard Wolff of ''Eat Right, Eat Well - The Italian Way'' (Alfred A. Knopf, 1985). The main course at this memorable meal was pollo in creta, which, he explained, was chicken baked in clay. He told me that he had obtained the recipe from a friend in Florence, who explained that originally the chicken was wrapped, feathers and all, in clay and that when the clay was baked and removed, the feathers came off as well.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Okay okay okay, back on topic:

https://twitter.com/GCTBlog/status/635884424551362560/photo/1

CNMdg34UEAAnJ1K.jpg

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Snails are delicious. True story.

I'm also told that, while their normal method of locomotion is quite slow, when given small cars in lab experiments, they are incredible drivers, to the point that the lab staff have difficulty keeping track of which car is which. They took to painting small letters atop the cars to identify them, and as it happened, the one in the car with "S" on top was fastest. The lead researcher was heard to exclaim, "Man! Look at that S car GO!"

That is all.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm also told that, while their normal method of locomotion is quite slow, when given small cars in lab experiments, they are incredible drivers, to the point that the lab staff have difficulty keeping track of which car is which. They took to painting small letters atop the cars to identify them, and as it happened, the one in the car with "S" on top was fastest. The lead researcher was heard to exclaim, "Man! Look at that S car GO!"

That is all.

I've never given a neg-rep.

But boy was that close.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

That is all.

3/10

That includes 2 respect points for the distance you had to travel to get there.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    So . . . we have turned a heroic act into a discussion of our bellies. Must be all INGO up in this piece.
    Hey, I'm just glad to see an older guy with a spare tire got in on the action. REPRESENT! :woot:

[video=youtube_share;pNNdTt26k7Y]http://youtu.be/pNNdTt26k7Y[/video]

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    It's really something how they try and make this terrorist look like someone "not that bad" by claiming that he was intending to rob the train.
    As if the Jesse James model were something to admire?
    Yeah, and all those trips to Syria were just to learn how to be a model citizen, right?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It's really something how they try and make this terrorist look like someone "not that bad" by claiming that he was intending to rob the train.
    As if the Jesse James model were something to admire?
    Yeah, and all those trips to Syria were just to learn how to be a model citizen, right?

Lawyers be lawyering.

Top Bottom