• ...and so much more!
  • NWIeng

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hammond
    Good morning all.

I got a Cabela's coupon book in the mail yesterday (I'm up in Lake County)...with a coupon for remington .223 boxes for $8.99. 20 Box Limit.

The funny part is that they actually have 223 in stock, which I find funny. They have been 100% out of FMJ 9mm for weeks. Even Blythe's in griffith was out of FMJ 9mm last time I was there. Blythe's usually doesn't have much...but they usually have something.

Just curious what 223 goes for in other parts of the state. I've read many times about the great gun deals that go on in the mom-and-pop, smaller town gun shops and I must say I am jealous. I'm wondering what enthusiasts downstate are paying for ammo.

I may still be getting hosed on even that price, but it's the cheapest I've found so far.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    From what I'm seeing around shops and on the internet the production VS. the hoarding has leveled off for a bit, (not saying it can't change) but ammo in small quantity is starting to show up again in places, Sportsman guide just put out a email with ammo all over it. The prices are not great yet but it looks like within a week or so we might start seeing some on the shelf places.

the Price you quote is a couple buch high than it should be but if your out of ammo (really out) and you want some to go shooting then climb on it. Its not the worst price I've seen. And in the places I stopped by this week they didn't even have 223 in stock, I've seen the 308 start showing up, and pistol ammo in revolver calibers is staying on the shelf

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I would hold off for a bit longer and see if the .223 hits shelves in other areas... one businesses start competing for pricing again you should be able to find some better deals... that said if you need the ammo, then you are getting screwed too bad.

Top Bottom