• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    Smith & Wesson 22A. Not the most attractive gun, but it shoots great, pretty easy to strip & clean, and may be easier to find in stock than some of the more popular guns (Buck Mark, Mark III, etc.)

danil

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Mishawaka
    We've been taking the 22/45 to the range. It feels great and functions well. There are some videos out for the take down-- which is the only potential drawback on this pistol-- and that isn't bad once you know what your doing. Its also a great trainer-- this is the first pistol both my wife and son were trained with and what they shoot at the range now. I enjoy it as well, aside from being easy on the wallet for our time at the range-- it's also a nice confidence booster for shot placement since its easy to control.

Longhair

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Ruger MK ll or MK lll.............I love mine!!!

ruger001-1.jpg

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Looking to buy a .22 target pistol for weekend fun. Have started to look aroung but dont know much about the .22 stuff. Ive got a budget of around $500 and would like to get the best bang for my buck. Any advise would be greatly apreciated. I would go new or used just really dont know whats out there. Thanks in advance:)

Either the Ruger Mark series (semi auto) or the Ruger Single Six. You can't go wrong with either. Both will be shot someday by your great grandkids.

Lonestar6

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Rueger Mark III. If your eyes are aging the fiber optic sites are a nice add on. The Target comes with a rail so you can mount optics if your eyes are even older. Fun to shoot, easy to load with a speed loader, rubber mallet required for disassembly, at least initially.

Cottong2001

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Down the road a piece...
    Probably not the most accurate 22 handgun, but I really like my Ruger SR22. My primary purpose for buying it was for my kids to learn the ins and outs of a semi-automatic handgun. All of the controls are similar to what you'd find on a larger caliber. The grip is small enough that my 6 year old can easily operate it. Most other 22 handguns are quite a bit larger and heavier, so they don't fit my purpose for buying.

That said, I'd eventually like a Mark II or Mark III although I've heard cleaning them is not fun.

I liked the Walther P22 as well, but preferred the frame-mounted safety which doubles as a decocking lever of the SR22. It's also ambidextrous (safety and mag release), so that's a plus too since we have a mix of lefties and righties in my family.

JBTate

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2009
    S.E. Indiana
    I have a Mark II with a bull barrel and single six.
    Wouldn't trade either one for anything.
    Much more accurate than the clown holding them and hours of fun for virtually no money.

sly14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    I have a Heritage Rough Rider and my 13 year old really enjoys shooting it. I also a a S&W 22A it is alot of fun to shoot. I am looking for a Ruger Mark II or III

Top Bottom