• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigbooth25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2011
    Winchetser
    Looking to buy a .22 target pistol for weekend fun. Have started to look aroung but dont know much about the .22 stuff. Ive got a budget of around $500 and would like to get the best bang for my buck. Any advise would be greatly apreciated. I would go new or used just really dont know whats out there. Thanks in advance:)

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    You really don't have to spend that much on a .22 pistol. The walther p22 is a good choice. Depending on what you already own you could get a .22 upper as well. I carry a Sig so I like to shoot my Sig with the .22 upper. Same trigger, controls, and feel. Just much cheaper. Have fun and enjoy your purchase!!

bigbooth25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2011
    Winchetser
    You really don't have to spend that much on a .22 pistol. The walther p22 is a good choice. Depending on what you already own you could get a .22 upper as well. I carry a Sig so I like to shoot my Sig with the .22 upper. Same trigger, controls, and feel. Just much cheaper. Have fun and enjoy your purchase!!

I have a 92g Beretta, and ive seen the uppers for those but im not sure if i wanna just buy an upper or just have a dedicated .22

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have been thinking about an Heritage Rough Rider. It's a revolver, but it would still let me practice hitting the sweet spot for very low cost. Of course, a semi-auto would be more like my EDCs, but I am thinking a little variety is nice.

If it's ever offered nearby for $170 again (instead of the normal $250—I know, you can find it cheaper online, but by the time I pay shipping, FFL and taxes it is no longer a bargain), I think I will jump on it.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I went looking for Ruger Mark II & III's and Browning Buckmarks. I ended up getting a beautiful used Ruger Mark III 22/45. This will be the first weekend with it. I can't wait to plink away and hunt small game with it.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    yup

If you've got about $3000 to spare you can run a rig just like TAS4. He let me try it at 42769vette's shoot and it is truly a sweet set up.

For an inexpensive plinker the Buckmark or the Ruger MK's and the S&W lower priced models are a good place to start.
    If you already have a Glock or Sig or 1911 you can find .22 uppers that do just what TAS4 said. Same trigger, controls and feel. Makes for cheap centerfire practice.:yesway:

nicajack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Miami County
    The Ruger Mark I, II, and III are all good serviceable semi-autos. I have owned all of them at one time or another. You can find a really nice Mark II 678 model used for about $250 to $300. Of all the Ruger .22's that model has always been my favorite.
    If you really want a nice gun, shop for a used High Standard target model. Citation, Sharpshooter, even a Field King. These can all be had for $500 or less. Even a Sport King is a very good shooter. And they hold their value and even go up in value because they went out of business in 1984. I have several and love them. Always work well and are extremely accurate. Target models have adjustable trigger pulls....John

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Single actions are my thing so I say a Ruger Single Six or a Heritage Rough Rider. Semi auto I would have to go with a Browning Buckmark as well. All shoot great and are dead on! :D

1943Izzy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Liberty
    The Ruger Mark I, II, and III are all good serviceable semi-autos. I have owned all of them at one time or another. You can find a really nice Mark II 678 model used for about $250 to $300. Of all the Ruger .22's that model has always been my favorite.
    If you really want a nice gun, shop for a used High Standard target model. Citation, Sharpshooter, even a Field King. These can all be had for $500 or less. Even a Sport King is a very good shooter. And they hold their value and even go up in value because they went out of business in 1984. I have several and love them. Always work well and are extremely accurate. Target models have adjustable trigger pulls....John

I agree , I have a Sport King model 103 and its pretty accurate and dependable . You can find a nice one for about 300.00 .

Top Bottom