• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I have a couple. I can not remember the last time I shot them but they are so darned cute. I currently have a magnum with the folding pocket clip grips and a Black Widow with both LR & magnum cylinders.

My favorites were actually a matched pair of Freedom Arms manufactured minis which I sold a while back and would love to have back.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    I Like Mine

Great quality, excellent cs if you would ever need them.
    I like mine, but it of course has it's limits.

Sticks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    NE Indy
    I got a chance to fire one last weekend. (I am new to firearms and we were lucky enough to try several handguns that day). Anyway, it is so small, it felt hard to hold onto (the grip is smaller than a BIC lighter). I think it is too small for me since I often drop my (tiny) cell phone when I answer it. Your results may vary, so check it out for yourself.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    It's better than nothing and great for deep CC. I definitely would not want to be shot by one. It is a little tricky to get the hammer to rest between positions. Don't soot your balls off!

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Made like a fine watch. They are a handful with the original birds head wood grips. Just not enough for my hands to grab on to. I need the optional, fuller rubber grips to make them resemble something shootable.

.22 mag FMJ out of a 2" barrel penetrates 14" of gel FWIW.

Personally, I wouldn't go any shorter than the 1 5/8 barrel. You just give up too much ballistically with the 1" bbl.

following2dp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Fishers
    Sidewinder

I have an early bird Sidewinder, lately its been my favorite gun to shoot. Didn't like Winchester ammo though, the cases would get stuck in the cylinder and make them difficult to eject out. The CCI Maxi-mags worked like a charm though. These mini revolvers really get your hands dirty also. I'd like to see a sidewinder in a 4" barrel for more distance shooting.

Here are my vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQpyJxqq46k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTOhoUryoM4

and one of my 22short

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voRg-LmYLBY

Ammo Dump

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I've got one that I carry every day. I think the 22 mags would definately do some major damage. You wouldn't want to get in a fire fight with it, but it's a very nice comfort gun to have ready in your pocket or palm when close encounter questionable situations arise. I shot mine recently because I've not shot it in years. They're a little easier to handle if after the first shot continue holding the trigger down and flip the hammer with your thumb. Works for me anyway.

Jordan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Camby/Moorseville
    NAA debuted some new models at SHOT this year. My father is currently writing up an article on a new NAA that has a swing out cylinder like a regular revolver. Definitely something to consider for when you need something more than your hands or feet but can't very well bring your EDC. Expensive though for what they are.

445supermag

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Rising Sun, IN
    I GOT ONE A FEW YEARS AGO. I HAVE 2 CYLNERS FOR I CAN SHOOT 22 S,L,LR THE 2nd CYLNER 22mag. THE GUN IS AND UP CLOSE GUN. YOU CAN HIT THE 10 SPOT AT 5yds. BUT AT 50 yds. MY WILL SHOOT 6' FEET TO THE LEFT.

Wilson380AR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    I have two. One with the extra cylinder for Mag's. And I that is smaller and shoots LR. Love them both! Great suit pocket guns, ya know, for church!

following2dp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Fishers
    Another video of my NAA Sidewinder

Here is a newer video of my sidewinder I just uploaded.

The NAA sidewinder is the newest NAA Model and features a swing out cylinder. They are retailing for 350 I believe. I reccomend getting the .22lr cylinder if you have the extra funds, as this is a really fun gun to shoot.
    My only complaints about the gun are that the enlarged grips (which do give a nice solid grip compared to my .22short grips) get in the way of the cases ejecting, and that you have to be 100% sure the retention pin is seated full or the cylinder will open when cocking or firing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfgpg6_PcAw

pasonik

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    I love mine especially since Speer started manufacturing .22 mags for short barrel 22mags. Probably wouldn't be able to find that ammo now. But, yes, I agree. They are very well made. I found a website selling a necklace as well a holster so you can carry one around your neck

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    The first thing I did with it is put a custom set of grips almost 2x the thickness. Made it fit my hand lots better. I have the short barreled .22 mag. At about 5' the lead starts to keyhole. It is a short range gun but it beats a knife in a gun fight. I carry it when wife wants to go somewhere that my Colt 1903 and STI 10mm would show IE Indy Wine Fest for one.

Notavictim646

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Undisclosed
    I have one. Very easy to carry, BUT, I don't think this would stop a determined attacker unless you stuck it up his nose. As stated before, it is loud and anyone who who cares more about their own life than hurting you, will at least run away (bleeding) hopefully.

knot4reel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Way down south by Bl
    Ok, ok heres my wallet. Wait----what, my bad, but being as I'm holding this cocked pistol maybe you would like to renegotiate. :laugh: 22mag loaded with Speer SB is nothing to sneeze at up close. I like the oversize grip on mine, its much eaiser to control yet still dissapears in a pocket.

TEK

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    st joe county
    I have one. Very easy to carry, BUT, I don't think this would stop a determined attacker unless you stuck it up his nose.....y.

I love these. the .22 lr with good shot placement works and the .22 mag I feel would work more. LOL

a shot in the face is good enough I suspect, it need not be aimed in the eye socket or up the nose, as you say. :n00b:

go to a store with an assortment and feel them up in hand before you pick one though, & definitely opt for the dual cylinder setups.

JBTate

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2009
    S.E. Indiana
    I love mine. I got ti from my father-in-law. He carried it in his boot on the road when he was still driving. He called it his "belly gun" since it's basically got the effective range of when someone's on top of you. It's actually a lot more accurate than I expected at about 15 feet.

Top Bottom