• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I have a spikes dedicated upper and love it! I shoot it about every range trip I make. I'm pretty anal about cleaning rifles, but I let it get REALLY dirty and it still shot pretty well. Bit pricey but I have no regrets!

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I know its not really an AR style but kind of has the look to one but my GSG .22 is a nice fun gun to shoot an can be found very reasonable on price if you hunt a lil bit. I love that gun shoots very good, real accurate, looks cool to

slottech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2008
    N.W. IN
    I have a S&W M&P 15-22. Runs great on Fed 550 bulk ammo. Love it except for the fact that there is no flash hider on the barrel, so to me it kinda takes away from the look of a real AR-15. But I can live with it.

tbone

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    gosport area
    mine is the colt ar22 i like it cause it has the same controls as my m4,even a forward assist even though it is non functioning i still ig good for drills.and i have had no issues with function it is accurate as well.real fun,and it is threaded sooo ya could suppress it.fun city.

308offate

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    Got the SW 15-22 off a guy I met on Armslist. $400 for it. Not a single jam yet after nearly 2k rounds

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    Either get a 10/22, or get an AR! Quit trying to have both! Blows my mind that people will pay an extra $2-300, to have a proprietary .22, just because it looks like an AR! They'll never be half the rifle that a 10/22 is!
    (Dedicated .22 upper is excluded from the above statement, as long as you have a 5.56 upper too! At least that way, you have essentially 2 rifles, for the price of 1 3/4!)

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    I went back and forth with this several months ago. M&P 15-22 or a .22lr upper on one of my existing lowers. I went the CMMG upper route and put it on one of my PSA lowers. Outstanding gun and glad I did it. The M&P is fine and most everyone who owns one likes them, but it is not a true AR. It is simply a .22lr semi auto wrapped in an AR looking skin. I wanted a true AR and I don't regret the CMMG direction that I went at all. Right now it shares a couple different lowers with other 5.56 uppers of mine, but I have a stripped lower that has been sitting in my safe for a couple of years and I think that I am going to build it up with the intent that it is a final home for my CMMG.

For a true AR feel, I'd encourage you to look at a dedicated upper. Mine has been 100% rock solid with zero issues whatsoever.

flnt38

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    I bought a tactical solutions m4 upper and built a lower for my nephew. it had a few ftfs in the first 200 rounds but after it broke in ran like a champ and shot outstanding groups. it real liked the federal bulk pack ammo and we were using black dog mags. he later bought a bcm upper for it so it worked out as I had intended.

bonkers1919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Columbus
    HK 416D, this weapon has all the features of a AR including a functional dust cover. The magazines are 10, 20,and 30 rounds. If you use a bench rest or tripod only the 10 round magazine will work due to being shorter than the others. COLT .22 magazines will work with the gun so you have 2 sources for magazines. It also has a "set screw" that allows you to shoot high or low velocity ammo. I have had this gun for 1.5 years. They are pricey now but I would encourage you to find one and at least look at it.

Top Bottom