• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • goldtrigger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Morgan county
    In todays paper, there was an ad from Gander Mountain.
    In the ad, there were 2 bulk packs advertised-Federal 525 pack and CCC 375 pack mini mag.
    They are priced okay.
    What struck me was a 10 box limit. Most places I've gone (or ordered on line) have a 1 bulk pack limit.

Has anyone been there lately? Do they have that much stock?

danmrt868

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    ft. wayne
    I haven't went to GM on a friday morning in a long time but was there a couple of days ago, guy there said they have been getting 22lr in but its gone pretty quick so if you want some go early on friday a get in line. 21alive did a story about ammo and the reporter went two fridays in a row, and one of the days the 22lr last a hour and the other friday he went it was gone by the 5min mark. So its there to be had you just have to go and test your luck. Good Luck.:rockwoot:

ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek
    Looked in terre hautes gander last week. I refuse to buy anything there but go in and look around sometimes. They had more ammo of all calibers than I have seen in one place for a long time. I could see why they had so much too with the ridiculous prices they were charging. I can see there being a 2 or 3 dollar price difference between stores but $25? When you know they buy in bigger bulk than most other stores and therefore get it cheaper? No thanks, I'll shop elsewhere.

Stryker1025

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2013
    Brownsburg
    Related to hunting .22lr and finding a good price. Yesterday I went to Midway USA website and placed a "Backorder" order for CCI Mini Mag 40gr plated .22lr for $311 for 5000 rounds. I've tried to set the notification emails through their website several times and time my order but I missed it twice; just recently I missed the CCI Blazer .22lr that came in but I could respond quick enough. If you look online at Midway there are some brands of .22lr that they will let you place your order now and when they get off back order it will ship. Downside, no exact wait time and it could be long. Upside, it will be a happy moment when a brown heavy box arrives at your door and you have 5000 rounds you can shoot, store, and share with others! If anyone has found anything similar please post as I've only used Midway and just starting to look at Natchez website for some of my reloading needs.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Stryker: I have had no luck with the Midway "notification" so far. got an email a coupel of weeks ago jsut as I was leaving work. since I was late for dinner I waited until I was home and had taken care of that taks - of course they were gone by then - 90 minutes! replaced my notification. got a Text last Saturday, I think it wast early in the morning. Jumped on it right away - again, no joy.

I have something on backorder with them - think its been a month now... Waiting...

In the meantime, I did find some 22LR bulk pack at an ammo website and odered it through tehm. Paid a bit more than I'd like to bot, oh well. At least I have +/- 1000 rounds available for plinking and an appleseed or two wonce the weather warms up a bit!

oldguyguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Cicero
    The ammo is ONLY available on line.--and--the site will only let you buy ONE box. If you want to buy some use the ID # in the paper as I first did a search on Federal 22LR and nothing showed up. When I entered the number from the add--the ammo showed up and I bought ONE box.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Gander by me was always 10 box limit on 22 for the past year. I couple months ago I walked into a table of federal bulk 325 packs, so heck yeah, I bought 10.
    Starting on thanksgiving they changed it to 10 box limit and 2 box bulk limit.
    got 2 boxes of federal 525 2 weeks ago... passed on the cci bulk. not paying extra for the photo of some dumb butt swamp hill jack on the box.
    I also routinely get cci mini mags and standard velocity 100 rounders there.
    *when it's there... I figure I probably see it 30% of the time.

Stryker1025

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2013
    Brownsburg
    Hawkeye: What website are you using where you find 22lr?? As for the GM thread, I'm going when I can (3 Fridays in last several months) but have not been able to get any at the table- each time dudes arriving earlier and more folks at door so I didn't get it. Terre Haute is to far for me, but I've been trying at Castleton North of Indianapolis. I try Walmart near me on Friday morning, but they are not consistently getting it in on the truck.
    I figure if I have an early morning where I can try one of these places I do; but I'll just have to keep waiting till the demand slows a little more and it stays on the shelf a little longer- in mean time I thought online might get my name in the hat and wait for a backorder to come through. Thanks for the info

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I was in there today. It was a nice trip. Bought a safe...but as for ammo. They have a ton of different types. Their prices aren't bad for the times. 45 ACP for about 25 bucks for 50...roughly. I saw 9 mm last week when I was in there for about 15 or 16/50 rounds. Once again, not great, but at least you can find it there.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I go to school in Terre Haute and always check the Gander Mountain there and they NEVER have them in stock. When they do, there is a line before the store opens and they are gone within minutes

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    The Gander Mountain in Terre Haute had a BUNCH of .22 today. They had 375 packs of CCI and Federal 525. There was so much Federal 525 that it was still on the shelf when I came into work at 2:30. (I bought a box)

Well that's good news! I go in there about once every two weeks and have never seen any so the only luck I've had is at walmart

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Was at GM at Castleton this am. Got there about 20 minutes before opening, and was about 10th in line. When the doors opened, there were about 25-30 in line. They were very well organized and showed everyone what .22 they had in stock and explained how much you could buy before the doors even opened. They gave out numbers, but when the doors opened, everyone just filed in line back to the gun counter. I got 500 rds of CCI and another 325 bulk pack. Not priced great, considering the times, but it's now in my possession.

ol' poke

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I was about 20th in line at Castleton this morning. I was only wanting the advertised Federal bulk which they didn't have. The other stuff they had was over my price limit. I did pick up two boxes of .380 which I haven't been able to find for a while.

Matt

Top Bottom