• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LRHostetler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I am about to start loading for my Rem. 700 SPS, and I'm looking for insight. I've got both RCBS and Dillon dies, will be using 55 grain V-Maxes, Hodgdon Benchmark and Hodgdon Varget powders, once and some twice fired brass, and will be using a buddies Dillon RL 550B. Heed help on with the other ish!:rockwoot::patriot::welcome:

Last edited:

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    22-250 Remington??

I have a "few" 22-250's- 700BDL'S-The best (One hole on top of the other) loads for me is:
    1. Sierra 52gr. HPBT-BL-C(2) to 3500fps.
    2. Hornady 55gr. V-Max-BL-C(2) to 3500fps.

Load #1 will shoot the best for me-on paper.
    Load #2 will ABSOLUTELY make "Mashed Potatoes" to the insides of a Ground Hog/"Yote"..Bill.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    You're not saying you have 2 sets of dies and ZERO reloading books...are you? :)

If so, sell one set of dies and buy a reloading manual. Read the first few chapters of it repeatedly, then start looking at load recipes. The "classic" powder for the 22-250 is H380. In fact, 38.0 grains of this powder, under a 50-52 grain flat-base bullet, is largely responsible for the popularity of this round. Work up to that load and follow all reloading safety procedures. Get your load data from a book or a powder/bullet manufacturer's website...not some yahoo like me, on the tubes! ;)

LRHostetler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Need linkage?

Need linkage? I have 2 sets of dies, no book, and very little experience, but my friend is a retired ICO, and his garage is the manliest of all man caves. I mean, I'm sure he's got about a shelf full of books I can use, but it might be nice to pre-research!

-Luke

Last edited:

neeltburn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    You did not mention a case trimmer, if the brass have been fired multiple times you will need to check the trim length of the case. I would also suggest if you are going for accuracy and your buddy has a single stage press to use that over the Dillion. A Hodgdon reloading magazine is also a good tool to have as well have reloading manuals ( I have 3 plus several years Issues of the Hodgdon magazine. I don't want to discourage you from using the Dillion as it is a great press ( I own one) but I would not expect the same accuracy from it as a single stage press. The first reloading manual I got was a speer manual and read all the stuff in the front before every getting my press ( RCBS Rockchucker) out of the box. Talk to your buddy I am sure he will lead in the right direction, and read up on reload and you will soon have another hobby that is very enjoyable.

Top Bottom