• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yeti rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Dec 17, 2011
    Lafayette
    First time in 30+ years we are not going. The last 4 years have been such a cluster getting in and out, it was no longer fun. Did not renew our great turn 4 tickets. Can say I was at the closest finish in Indy history (Unser/Goodyear), the 75th running, the 100th running, the 3 time delayed race. It was a good run, but was also fun listening to it on the radio while camping in Brown County today.
    Edit: And the awesome flyovers. P51 still my favorite. Stealth bomber a close second.
    We were camping there over the weekend, as well. Up front.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I swear when I go to the race it's always the hottest or longest or slowest average speed or 38th st. becomes a one-way to the opposite side of town... Races I don't attend always seem like a missed opportunity, after all they only come around once a year. Congrats to those who attended. Another one in the bag and some of the best damn race weather available for the Indy500.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Don’t get people hating Jewel. I didn’t even now who it was but thought the anthem she sang was great.
    Wife and I listened to the Anthem on the radio. It was simply an okay Anthem, not disrespectful, but not appropriate for the Indy 500. I would have thought following the Bud Lite woke debacle the Indy 500 would have went for a traditional version of the Anthem rather than something "creative" trying to appeal to a more youthful audience. Simply the wrong year for Jewel.

The real abomination was whoever they got to sing America the Beautiful, what a mess.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Wife and I listened to the Anthem on the radio. It was simply an okay Anthem, not disrespectful, but not appropriate for the Indy 500. I would have thought following the Bud Lite woke debacle the Indy 500 would have went for a traditional version of the Anthem rather than something "creative" trying to appeal to a more youthful audience. Simply the wrong year for Jewel.

The real abomination was whoever they got to sing America the Beautiful, what a mess.
    They booked steven tyler for next year already…

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I wasnt there but an acquaitence was. I give you "the drunks of the indy 500" LOL

(You dont need to login to see the pics)

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Does anyone under the age of 45 know who Jewel is? She hasn't been in the top ten since 1999. Wait....am I "youthful" at 52?
    Her family (the Kilchers) are the main focus of the show "Alaska: The Last Frontier" on Discovery. She's appeared on the show a couple of times.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    It was the 12th consecutive race for my wife and I (we were even at the fanless covid race on the fence on Georgetown watching). Sat in the exit of turn 4. Had a great time.

Bonus picture of the “rookie” we took with us this year. .
    IMG_4548.jpeg IMG_4583.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4550.jpeg
      IMG_4550.jpeg
      572.9 KB · Views: 8
    Top Bottom