• ...and so much more!
  • patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    For YEARS I have thought that doe in heat scents were a gimmick. I was proven wrong this morning. I have private property in Clark Co. that my best buddy bought. It hasn't been hunted in 4 years. Went out this morning and poured a whole bottle of "Code Red" doe in estrus on a pine tree 40 yards from my stand. This buck came in right to the pine tree at 7:39am. Shot him with my suppressed 6.5 CM using 130gr Nosler AccuBond Hand loads. Ran 30-40 yards and fell in the creek bottom. My wife and son came out and helped me field dress and drag him out. My son now wishes he wouldn't have stayed in bed this morning. Definitely a memory of a lifetime! He isn't huge but I am happy with him. Good ole Indiana 10 pointer!
    View attachment 313240 View attachment 313241 View attachment 313242
    Solid buck!

Lovely wife, good lookin' son. You, sir, are well blessed.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Against my better judgement and the wind…… I am going out this morning. When your kid asks to go…. You go. I don’t want her in the up in a tree in the rain and cold so the only choice is the box blind. Which the wind …….. is not good for at all. So gonna spray a bunch of cover scent leave the windows shut and hope for the best!
    Been there -and shot deer anyways. Go get them! Luck to you

ws6duramax

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Metamora
    All quiet in Franklin County. Check of the DNR harvest numbers for Franklin show the lowest number for 9 years. Only about half of previous years. Guess the NO doe rule really having an impact!
    Our gun opener was dismal to say the least. We had 5 hunters on 350 acres and seen a grand total of 6 deer !! Go back about 6-7 years and a slow sit was seeing 10 or 12 per sit for each hunter.

I think the DNR was slow on scaling back doe tags over the years, so numbers have been declining anyways and then throw in a bad EHD outbreak last year. My place was an absolute ghost town! I think I had about 18 hours of hunt time and didn't see a deer.

KomboJoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2013
    Paragon
    Took my inline muzzleloader out and missed (likely grazed his chest since blood trail stopped after half a mile) a nice 8 to 10 pointer on Saturday morning. 80 yard shot I misjudged and aimed like it was a 50 yard shot. Rookie mistake got excite and shot early (like usual). Should have aimed so no matter the drop would have ended up in vitals.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    I am seeing more deer this year than the last few, but nowhere near as many as I did 10 or so years ago. maybe those were the “good old days” and I just didn’t know it. Still worked out okay for me though this year with a pretty respectable buck. Now on to doe hunting. My daughter, 14, really wants to shoot a deer with my model 94 30/30.

Top Bottom