• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Anyone going? Looks like the U-36 has an Allison V1710 WW2 V12 engine in it! I'm thinking about going.

Anyone know what night the fireworks show on the river will be?

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    10pm July 2nd........maybe? I would like to go see this once.

Last I went was 2011 and it was an epic race. There was a big accident, though, where one of the boats ran over a rescue barge when the driver cut the course.

I'd love more than anything to do down there and hear/see that big Allison when it is on the pipe!

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Didn't wind up going today. Went striper fishing on Raccoon Lake. Got skunked. I'm not wishing I'd gone to Madison. The support races have been super competitive so far!

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    The folks in the chat in the stream said they have a very healthy crowd there today. Plus over 1k on the stream. I hope this gets enough support to stick around. Great part of the river culture in Madison!

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    Been down at our place outside Madison for the past 10 days. We also set a camper up downtown along the river for 4 days to watch the regatta. This years final unlimited race was epic, Jimmy Shane diving the old Miss Madison boat in the final lap leading the race going into a turn when second place driver Peabody tried to pass. They both were going all out Peabody’s boat caught some air and went airborne right in front of our camp site. His boat must have been 30 feet in the air rolled a couple of times before it crashed in the water upside down then rolled a couple of times stopping right side up. Luckily the driver was fine with just a couple of bruises.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Been down at our place outside Madison for the past 10 days. We also set a camper up downtown along the river for 4 days to watch the regatta. This years final unlimited race was epic, Jimmy Shane diving the old Miss Madison boat in the final lap leading the race going into a turn when second place driver Peabody tried to pass. They both were going all out Peabody’s boat caught some air and went airborne right in front of our camp site. His boat must have been 30 feet in the air rolled a couple of times before it crashed in the water upside down then rolled a couple of times stopping right side up. Luckily the driver was fine with just a couple of bruises.
    WOW!!!! I haven't watched the replay on YouTube yet. Can't wait to see that! I really hate it that I didn't get down there at least Saturday.

Next year, I'm in, unless my wife plans a vacation somewhere.

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    WOW!!!! I haven't watched the replay on YouTube yet. Can't wait to see that! I really hate it that I didn't get down there at least Saturday.

Next year, I'm in, unless my wife plans a vacation somewhere.
    We are there every year. Next year when it gets closer I will hit you up and you can stop by our camp site if you have time for a cold drink.

Lmo1131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2020
    east of the Pacific
    We always went when I was a kid; my dad wrenched on Miss Madison U-6 for a while in the 60s. Last time I was at the regatta was probably '72 or so.

A friend of my dad's had a houseboat moored to the shore, and mom always packed a helluva picnic basket; fried chicken, potato salad, corn relish, home made brownies. And dad always had his Scotch cooler loaded.

NOTHING beats the sound of pissed off Merlin V12

1656972255011.png

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    This is the boat that flipped on Sunday during the final lap for the unlimited championship. You can see our camper in the background with the two red popups. We had a great view. If you go to the you know tube and put in Madison regatta you can see some great videos.

Attachments

• IMG_0766.JPG
      IMG_0766.JPG
      116.2 KB · Views: 9
    Top Bottom