d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I`ve tried to do tis multiple times, but I continue to get an error message saying they don`t recognize my address. WTH?
    Did the same for me. I have auto fill and it wasn't putting the city, state and zip all in the one space. That's why the error code. Go back and add in that info and it will go thru. At least that was what my issue was

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I`ve tried to do tis multiple times, but I continue to get an error message saying they don`t recognize my address. WTH?
    Did the same for me. I have auto fill and it wasn't putting the city, state and zip all in the one space. That's why the error code. Go back and add in that info and it will go thru. At least that was what my issue was

I'm glad I didn't send you on a goose chase.

I just coped the URL from the email received earlier today. I had trouble with the address box also. It didn't like my PO Box.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

I just coped the URL from the email received earlier today. I had trouble with the address box also. It didn't like my PO Box.
    Worked for me!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Worked for me!
    OK INGO, I'm annoyed, I'm pissed the **** off, and I'm not stopping.

Here's the phone number: 1-800-382-9467

Be polite, be professional, ask to leave a message for Senator Brown, give HB 1077 a hearing and a vote in committee.

Here's the email: Senator.Brown@iga.in.gov

Here's a (slightly) updated draft email:

Senator Brown,

Give HB 1077, Firearms Matters a hearing, and call it for a vote in your committee.

This bill was authored by Representative Smaltz and co-authored by Representatives Lehman, Lucas, Snow, Carbaugh, Lindauer, Engleman, Gutwein, Wesco, Teshka, May, Behning, Heaton, Frye, Mayfield, Hostettler, Jeter, Judy, Abbott, Lauer, Barrett, Leonard, Cook, Davis, Ledbetter, VanNatter, Heine, Manning, Davisson, Payne, and Borders. HB 1077 is sponsored by Senators Koch, Tomes, Houchin, and Messmer.

HB 1077 codifies the lawful carry of handguns, and comes at a time when the essential right of self-defense has never been more important. This bill affects the law-abiding citizens of Indiana, not the violent criminals who are overwhelmingly prohibited possessors of firearms, and don’t obey the law.

There are currently 21 States with permit-less/no license carry of handguns. Those who opposed such legislation predicted dire consequences, as they do for any bill remotely considered Pro-2nd Amendment and Pro-Article 1, Section 32 of the Indiana Constitution. Observation shows this is not the case, as does data from FBI Uniform Crime Reporting. This is further proved by the fact that no State which has repealed its handgun licensing scheme, has re-instated it because it drove an increase in criminal activity. Put simply: the law-abiding don’t commit crimes. Criminals commit crimes and are undeterred by licensing schemes.

HB 1077 does not change the definition of “proper person” that currently exists, nor does it make it lawful to possess a firearm when an individual is currently a prohibited possessor.

Over the past decade Indiana has passed a number of Pro-2nd Amendment and Pro-Article 1, Section 32 bills into law. These include: the law forbidding the prohibition of firearms stored in vehicles in employer’s parking lots (2010), the firearms law preemption statute (2011), allowing firearms to be stored in vehicles on school property (2014), allowing an individual with an order of protection against an abuser carry a handgun without a license (2017), and the strengthening of the language and due process protections under the “Laird Law”, and “Church Carry” (2019). Again, the dire consequences predicted by those who oppose any law that supports the Right to Keep and Bear Arms simply did not happen, and will not happen with the passage of HB 1077.

Of the 21 States with Constitutional Carry of handguns, 20 previously had handgun licensing requirements. Zero States have reinstated the licensing requirement.

I’m sure I can count on your support with this vital legislation.

Thank you,

Name

Address

Phone Number

Email
    Friday bump! I'll update if the 1-800-382-9467 is active today unless someone beats me to it.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Sent my e-mails to Bray and Brown.

You know, the invariant mass of an electron is approximately 9.109×10−31 kilograms, or 5.489×10−4 atomic mass units. If enough INGO'ers keep sending e-mails, maybe we can sink the Statehouse.

It's a goal...

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I did that, and still got an error, but it must have actually gone through, because I then got an email from NRA-ILA thanking me.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I am afraid that with this bill assigned by Bray to Brown's committee, no doubt at Holcomb's order.... the bill is dead for this year.

Now that sounds pretty discouraging, doesn't it? PROVE ME WRONG!

Let's get those letters sent, and if we really want to make a difference, I think we're going to have to grease some palms. I think the legislators are kinda like gumball machines: They don't give you anything until you put money in them. And in this case, "money" is spelled with multiple zeros and at least one comma.

I do not think any kind of campaign to raise cash to donate should be organized on this forum... Not because campaign contributions are unlawful or anything (they're not) but because I don't want to see a tally running so the demanding mommies know how much to ask Daddy Soros to send.

Just my thoughts.
    Blessings,
    Bill

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I am afraid that with this bill assigned by Bray to Brown's committee, no doubt at Holcomb's order.... the bill is dead for this year.

Now that sounds pretty discouraging, doesn't it? PROVE ME WRONG!

Let's get those letters sent, and if we really want to make a difference, I think we're going to have to grease some palms. I think the legislators are kinda like gumball machines: They don't give you anything until you put money in them. And in this case, "money" is spelled with multiple zeros and at least one comma.

I do not think any kind of campaign to raise cash to donate should be organized on this forum... Not because campaign contributions are unlawful or anything (they're not) but because I don't want to see a tally running so the demanding mommies know how much to ask Daddy Soros to send.

Just my thoughts.
    Blessings,
    Bill
    I will not be donating money to pay politicians. I actually despise the fact that it happens and think it should be criminal. It's the definition of corruption.

If this is what it has come down to we are doomed anyways. That behavior needs to be stopped and the politicians removed.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I will not be donating money to pay politicians. I actually despise the fact that it happens and think it should be criminal. It's the definition of corruption.

If this is what it has come down to we are doomed anyways. That behavior needs to be stopped and the politicians removed.
    In principle, you are correct and it disgusts me that those in power use it to force this to happen.

In practicality, I don't see an option: How badly do you want Constitutional Carry?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom