Not open for further replies.

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    Got to see @El Conquistador again . Ok back to work. Work-work not 2A work.
    Thank you Kelly for your diligence in tracking these bills on behalf of us INGO members. I know it takes time away from your family and work to do this. Just so you know it is much appreciated

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I’m on a VTC with my NRA ILA POC tonight. I’ll post the details if I have any.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I’m on a VTC with my NRA ILA POC tonight. I’ll post the details if I have any.
    Here's a few highlights:
    - Federal level: nothing is moving, Senate can't move any gun control legislation

Indiana:
    - Several good bills didn't get hearings: HB 1114 and SB 397 (Non-Discrimination against Firearms Business)

- SB 14: John Weber (NRA Lobbyist) said he'd never seen a bill author actively work against the bill in committee

- Senator Blake Doriot has an open letter out concerning what happened with SB 14. Liz Brown needs to be primaried, no one has filed, several interested

- HB 1077 is still alive. Focus on Brey to get 1077 sent to Corrections and Criminal Law (sound familiar?)

- Focus is on ConC

- Emails and phone calls make a difference.
    -- Chipman as ATF nominee: in hours they were getting calls from Senators about the emails and calls they were receiving
    -- Staffers take a tally: often that's what their boss gets

- Other impactful actions: attend events held by elected officials, request meetings when they are in the local area/district office, any contact is helpful

- Roadblocks to ConC: Holcomb, Brey, Brown

- Holcomb needs to live up to the "Indiana is a pro-2A State" promise he made in 2019 at NRAAMM

- Town Halls: in the planning stage right now. One possible location in the near future: Martinsville (That would be Brey's hometown.)

If a time and a place in Martinsville comes up I will be shouting it from the rooftops.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Here's a few highlights:
    - Federal level: nothing is moving, Senate can't move any gun control legislation

Indiana:
    - Several good bills didn't get hearings: HB 1114 and SB 397 (Non-Discrimination against Firearms Business)

- SB 14: John Weber (NRA Lobbyist) said he'd never seen a bill author actively work against the bill in committee

- Senator Blake Doriot has an open letter out concerning what happened with SB 14. Liz Brown needs to be primaried, no one has filed, several interested

- HB 1077 is still alive. Focus on Brey to get 1077 sent to Corrections and Criminal Law (sound familiar?)

- Focus is on ConC

- Emails and phone calls make a difference.
    -- Chipman as ATF nominee: in hours they were getting calls from Senators about the emails and calls they were receiving
    -- Staffers take a tally: often that's what their boss gets

- Other impactful actions: attend events held by elected officials, request meetings when they are in the local area/district office, any contact is helpful

- Roadblocks to ConC: Holcomb, Brey, Brown

- Holcomb needs to live up to the "Indiana is a pro-2A State" promise he made in 2019 at NRAAMM

- Town Halls: in the planning stage right now. One possible location in the near future: Martinsville (That would be Brey's hometown.)

If a time and a place in Martinsville comes up I will be shouting it from the rooftops.

Kelly,

If he said that as a promise, it's even worse. Not because he lied, because in that sentence, he did not. Indiana IS a pro-2A state. What he did not say is that it does not have a pro-2A governor, and in that role, he does not concern himself, let alone honor such trivial things as the wishes of the people or his oath of office to honor our Constitution, state or federal.

Will never move to elect him to office again. A known anti-gun Democrat would be a better choice; The devil you know, and all.

Blessings
    Bill

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Kelly,

If he said that as a promise, it's even worse. Not because he lied, because in that sentence, he did not. Indiana IS a pro-2A state. What he did not say is that it does not have a pro-2A governor, and in that role, he does not concern himself, let alone honor such trivial things as the wishes of the people or his oath of office to honor our Constitution, state or federal.

Will never move to elect him to office again. A known anti-gun Democrat would be a better choice; The devil you know, and all.

Blessings
    Bill
    Well said. Gov turncoat needs to understand this.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Quick update:

SB 143 (self defense) is up for 2nd reading (amendments get proposed and voted on) Monday. Look for this one to pass and go the the House like a similar bill did last year.

HB 1077 (Firearms Matters AKA Constitutional/Lawful/Permitless Carry): Wednesday 2 Feb the House bills get introduced in the Senate.
    On HB 1077: starting before 2 Feb: Brey's inbox is going to be full. (Your Senator's also for good measure.) Just need to make it look like it's not a reply to all. 1-800-382-9467, ask for your Senator and leave a polite message urging his/her support of HB 1077

On SB 143: when it gets assigned to committee in the House, Todd Houston (Speaker), the committee chair, and your Rep. Second verse same as the first.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Quick update:

SB 143 (self defense) is up for 2nd reading (amendments get proposed and voted on) Monday. Look for this one to pass and go the the House like a similar bill did last year.

HB 1077 (Firearms Matters AKA Constitutional/Lawful/Permitless Carry): Wednesday 2 Feb the House bills get introduced in the Senate.
    On HB 1077: starting before 2 Feb: Brey's inbox is going to be full. (Your Senator's also for good measure.) Just need to make it look like it's not a reply to all. 1-800-382-9467, ask for your Senator and leave a polite message urging his/her support of HB 1077

On SB 143: when it gets assigned to committee in the House, Todd Houston (Speaker), the committee chair, and your Rep. Second verse same as the first.
    I know it`s been said, but we really cannot thank you enough for keeping everyone up to date on this. I know it`s a lot of additional work on you, even if it is fun and exciting.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Slight update on the draft: direct all fire at Speaker Bray and your Senator. CLEARED HOT!!

Senator,

I am writing to urge your support of HB 1077, Firearms Matters. This bill was authored by Representative Smaltz and co-authored by Representatives Lehman, Lucas, Snow, Carbaugh, Lindauer, Engleman, Gutwein, Wesco, Teshka, May, Behning, Heaton, Frye, Mayfield, Hostettler, Jeter, Judy, Abbott, Lauer, Barrett, Leonard, Cook, Davis, Ledbetter, VanNatter, Heine, Manning, Davisson, Payne, and Borders. HB 1077 is sponsored by Senators Koch, Tomes, Houchin, and Messmer.

After what happened in the Senate Judiciary Committee with the Senate Bill 14 (Firearms Matters) hearing, HB 1077 (a bill which overwhelmingly passed the House) must be assigned to the Corrections and Criminal Law Committee in order to receive a fair hearing.

This bill codifies the lawful carry of handguns, and comes at a time when the essential right of self-defense has never been more important.

There are currently 21 States with permit-less/no license carry of handguns. Those who opposed such legislation predicted dire consequences, as they do for any bill remotely considered Pro-2nd Amendment and Pro-Article 1, Section 32 of the Indiana Constitution. Observation shows this is not the case, as does data from FBI Uniform Crime Reporting. This is further proved by the fact that no State which has repealed its handgun licensing scheme, has re-instated it because it drove an increase in criminal activity. Put simply: the law-abiding don’t commit crimes. Criminals commit crimes and are undeterred by licensing schemes.

HB 1077 does not change the definition of “proper person” that currently exists, nor does it make it lawful to possess a firearm when an individual is currently a prohibited possessor.

Over the past decade Indiana has passed a number of Pro-2nd Amendment and Pro-Article 1, Section 32 bills into law. These include: the law forbidding the prohibition of firearms stored in vehicles in employer’s parking lots (2010), the firearms law preemption statute (2011), and the strengthening of the language and due process protections under the “Laird Law”, and “Church Carry” (2019). Again, the dire consequences predicted by those who oppose any law that supports the Right to Keep and Bear Arms simply did not happen.

Of the 21 States with Constitutional Carry of handguns, 20 previously had handgun licensing requirements. Zero States have reinstated the licensing requirement.

I’m sure I can count on your support with this vital legislation.

Thank you,

Name

Address

Phone Number

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Slight update on the draft: direct all fire at Speaker Bray and your Senator. CLEARED HOT!!

Senator,

I am writing to urge your support of HB 1077, Firearms Matters. This bill was authored by Representative Smaltz and co-authored by Representatives Lehman, Lucas, Snow, Carbaugh, Lindauer, Engleman, Gutwein, Wesco, Teshka, May, Behning, Heaton, Frye, Mayfield, Hostettler, Jeter, Judy, Abbott, Lauer, Barrett, Leonard, Cook, Davis, Ledbetter, VanNatter, Heine, Manning, Davisson, Payne, and Borders. HB 1077 is sponsored by Senators Koch, Tomes, Houchin, and Messmer.

After what happened in the Senate Judiciary Committee with the Senate Bill 14 (Firearms Matters) hearing, HB 1077 (a bill which overwhelmingly passed the House) must be assigned to the Corrections and Criminal Law Committee in order to receive a fair hearing.

This bill codifies the lawful carry of handguns, and comes at a time when the essential right of self-defense has never been more important.

There are currently 21 States with permit-less/no license carry of handguns. Those who opposed such legislation predicted dire consequences, as they do for any bill remotely considered Pro-2nd Amendment and Pro-Article 1, Section 32 of the Indiana Constitution. Observation shows this is not the case, as does data from FBI Uniform Crime Reporting. This is further proved by the fact that no State which has repealed its handgun licensing scheme, has re-instated it because it drove an increase in criminal activity. Put simply: the law-abiding don’t commit crimes. Criminals commit crimes and are undeterred by licensing schemes.

HB 1077 does not change the definition of “proper person” that currently exists, nor does it make it lawful to possess a firearm when an individual is currently a prohibited possessor.

Over the past decade Indiana has passed a number of Pro-2nd Amendment and Pro-Article 1, Section 32 bills into law. These include: the law forbidding the prohibition of firearms stored in vehicles in employer’s parking lots (2010), the firearms law preemption statute (2011), and the strengthening of the language and due process protections under the “Laird Law”, and “Church Carry” (2019). Again, the dire consequences predicted by those who oppose any law that supports the Right to Keep and Bear Arms simply did not happen.

Of the 21 States with Constitutional Carry of handguns, 20 previously had handgun licensing requirements. Zero States have reinstated the licensing requirement.

I’m sure I can count on your support with this vital legislation.

Thank you,

Name

Address

Phone Number

Monday AM bump!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom