• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 21, 2019
    Nashville
    Had a good morning yesterday. Called in four jakes and saw two eagles. Maybe the next time out I will get a shot at a mature bird. Even so it was great to get out. Glad I remembered to bring my Deep Woods Off. I hear this is a banner year for ticks.

Mattroth54

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Caught this guy trying to make up for lost time with the rain yesterday.

Attachments

• 0BA3D538-B509-4F87-B8CB-A3D00FDA3EF1.jpeg
      0BA3D538-B509-4F87-B8CB-A3D00FDA3EF1.jpeg
      105 KB · Views: 21

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    Assuming one is following the DNR rules for turkey hunting, I havenÂ’t heard much debate on what constitutes poor sport. I believe if youÂ’re following the published rules, youÂ’re doing it right, even if itÂ’s different than my approach. Sometimes we are our own worst enemy.

Na...

I hunt states where rifles, pistols, .410 bore & shot size is not mandated.

beautiful Amercan Wild Turkey gobller shot in WV legally with "00-buckshot" lock his wings after a body shot & sail down in a deep valley. I helped the guy find the bird & actually ran gobbler down. Gave the guy his "still live" bird then I proceeded to vomit.
    Could be worse, bird survives a week or 10 days & dies of gang-geen. or just food for the bobcats.
    Similarly guy shot a gobbler with .410 bore. bird locked his wings & pitched off the mountain into a valley. I spent 5 hours trying to help him find that one. without success.
    All perfectly legal by "DNR" if WV....

still makes me sick even remembering the details today.

Yea, good thing the American Wild Turkey is extremely alert......
    but hey, bobcats, coyotes and road-kill hunters gotta eat too.

goid hunting

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Quiet day today, saw nothing and heard nothing but the drug dealer's constantly barking dog.

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    On opening day, my daughter, Sydney, had a great hunt with CRAZY action. Four toms bull rushed the decoys and in the end she painted the decoys red. 12 1/4" long beard!

[video=youtube_share;tBNFKdSBPFQ]https://youtu.be/tBNFKdSBPFQ[/video]

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Mad day hunting today, more action than yesterday, but marred by my own bad judgement. Mid morning I see high movement off to my right in the bush, figured it was deer. A few minutes later I hear that metallic raspy noise slate calls make and I think hunters. I'm on my land and to get to where I am they would have had to cover over a mile of HNF ground, I'm angry. Yank off the top of my ghilli and stomp out of my hide walking down the log road to the next clearing ready to do some butt chewing. 2500 acres of HNF ground to hunt on and they set up 40 yards away from me on my ground. I round the curve and there are two deer and a hen.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I also got my biggest bird this morning. I heard 4 or 5 gobblers at first light. I moved to get closer but they had already pitched down into the neighbors field. They eventually started heading back where I originally set up so I backed out and hurried back to where I left my decoys. I made a call and had 2 jakes show up from a different direction. They finally went off and I heard a gobbler behind me a ways. I called and a little later he gobbled again a lot closer. A minute later he steps into the field and heads towards the decoys. He was strutted around the field edge towards me, then cuts into the woods. Luckily it was very brushy and I was able to turn and get a shot when he stepped into an opening.
    27.2#, 1 1/4" spurs, 11 1/4" beard.
    5uSZZrl.jpg

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I also got my biggest bird this morning. I heard 4 or 5 gobblers at first light. I moved to get closer but they had already pitched down into the neighbors field. They eventually started heading back where I originally set up so I backed out and hurried back to where I left my decoys. I made a call and had 2 jakes show up from a different direction. They finally went off and I heard a gobbler behind me a ways. I called and a little later he gobbled again a lot closer. A minute later he steps into the field and heads towards the decoys. He was strutted around the field edge towards me, then cuts into the woods. Luckily it was very brushy and I was able to turn and get a shot when he stepped into an opening.
    27.2#, 1 1/4" spurs, 11 1/4" beard.
    5uSZZrl.jpg

Big bird. Nice job.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    Here is an idea for anyone looking for something to show off their trophies. I ran out of space for fan mounts, so I started doing this a long time ago after seeing someone make a necklace with their spurs. I don't wear this!!, but it gives me a way to display my harvests.
    R0itAb3.jpg

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    After totally screwing up on a bird last Friday on public land, I finally got it done yesterday. Note: Hunting public land really sucks....mushroom hunters and other turkey hunters make it very difficult.

Indiana 2020 Turkey Season.jpg

Not the biggest bird: 11" beard, 7/8"/1" spurs.....I didn't weigh it, but probably a 21/22 lbs. Bird...2 year old.

Mattroth54

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    After totally screwing up on a bird last Friday on public land, I finally got it done yesterday. Note: Hunting public land really sucks....mushroom hunters and other turkey hunters make it very difficult.

View attachment 86636

Not the biggest bird: 11" beard, 7/8"/1" spurs.....I didn't weigh it, but probably a 21/22 lbs. Bird...2 year old.

Impressive. I can’t imagine chasing them on public ground. I have enough trouble with mushroom hunters on private ground!

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    So on Tuesday morning, I took my oldest daughter out for a morning turkey hunt. My intentions were to only play the roll of camera man. But after watching one tom and then a second tom head our way, I began to wonder if a double with my daughter might be a possibility. She dumped a beautiful tom and as we were doing the post hunt interview, she saw a second tom charging in. She handed me her shotgun and after some issues due to my lack of cleaning her shotgun properly, I dumped the second tom right on top of her bird. The real time between our kills ... about 4 1/2 minutes.

Please enjoy and SUBSCRIBE to my channel. Your support is very appreciated.

[video=youtube_share;SIkmZBfrAqk]https://youtu.be/SIkmZBfrAqk[/video]

Top Bottom