Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Oh

It appears SB436 also dodo-ed ... But watch for amendments

Amendment #1: AG pays for everything including jailing the suspect.

Amendment #2: Legislative micromanagement.

Amendment #3: drag it through the courts unless the prosecutor you refuses to prosecute approves of the special prosecutor

Amendment #4: this looks different, oh it's from Senator Sandlin!
    (d) A public officer (as defined in IC 5-8-1-38) who knowingly or intentionally institutes a policy that violates: (1) the Constitution of the State of Indiana; (2) the Constitution of the United States; (3) an Indiana law; or (4) the public officer's oath to faithfully discharge the duties of the office; commits dereliction of duty, a Level 6 felony.

Amendment #5 (from Senator Freeman): coins the terms non-compliant county and prosecutor. Keeps unconstitutional and prosecutorial discretion verbiage as far as SP not appropriate.

Amendment #6: Senator Young again goes to far by "declaring an intention not to enforce" = felony.

Amendment #7: Young again, gets the Governor involved in the role the AG has in current version.

Amendments #8 and 9, both Young, looks like he plagiarized his other amendments.

Last edited:

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Amendment #1: AG pays for everything including jailing the suspect.

Amendment #2: Legislative micromanagement.

Amendment #3: drag it through the courts unless the prosecutor you refuses to prosecute approves of the special prosecutor

Amendment #4: this looks different, oh it's from Senator Sandlin!
    (d) A public officer (as defined in IC 5-8-1-38) who knowingly or intentionally institutes a policy that violates: (1) the Constitution of the State of Indiana; (2) the Constitution of the United States; (3) an Indiana law; or (4) the public officer's oath to faithfully discharge the duties of the office; commits dereliction of duty, a Level 6 felony.

Amendment #5 (from Senator Freeman): coins the terms non-compliant county and prosecutor. Keeps unconstitutional and prosecutorial discretion verbiage as far as SP not appropriate.

Amendment #6: Senator Young again goes to far by "declaring an intention not to enforce" = felony.

Amendment #7: Young again, gets the Governor involved in the role the AG has in current version.

Amendments #8 and 9, both Young, looks like he plagiarized his other amendments.

Today was last for 3rd reading hopefully no attempts to add to something else.

This and 263 i label as per RUSH ... "Witchhunt"

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    SB 263 (Handgun Training for Teachers/Staff/Employees, a worse version than was in Senate Committee) was referred to the House yesterday, no committee assignment yet. Look for it to be in the House Education Committee. It looks like Wednesdays at 0830 in the House Chambers is the usual for this committee, curve balls and changes are possible.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    SB 263 (Handgun Training for Teachers/Staff/Employees, a worse version than was in Senate Committee) was referred to the House yesterday, no committee assignment yet. Look for it to be in the House Education Committee. It looks like Wednesdays at 0830 in the House Chambers is the usual for this committee, curve balls and changes are possible.

I will be out of state the next two Wednesdays. If there's anything left after that, I'll be on the lookout.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.

It - SB 263 - went to House Ed committee ... No hearing for it thus week. Also Jim Lucas is on this committee.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It - SB 263 - went to House Ed committee ... No hearing for it thus week. Also Jim Lucas is on this committee.

I'm keeping an eye on the Ed Committee. It looks like if it doesn't show up suddenly on Wednesday's agenda it'll be the 19th or never.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    House Education Committee has 13 Senate Bills assigned. If they stay with all of two on the 12th eleven bills won't fit on the 19th.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I think they also have the 26th. Still ... a lot to cover.
    I’d have really liked to have seen HB1152 making false informing under the Laird law a crime come up in committee. Very important, a lot of support on INGO, have 5 minutes of really good material...

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    SB 263 is NOT (repeat, NOT) on the House Ed Committee agenda for 19 Feb. That is all.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Per Guy and the 2A Project ... 263 will NOT be getting a hearing in House Ed Committee.

Per a response from Rep Torr SB 9 will not get heard in house committee, but only beaxuse he was informed it is flawed and unlikely to resolve problem it was supposed to fix, by Dr C..Kopacki and Guy R.

SB 69 and Sb 291 .. no hearings all session by House Public Policy ... only have 4 SB in here bit still no hearings

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Per Guy and the 2A Project ... 263 will NOT be getting a hearing in House Ed Committee.

Per a response from Rep Torr SB 9 will not get heard in house committee, but only beaxuse he was informed it is flawed and unlikely to resolve problem it was supposed to fix, by Dr C..Kopacki and Guy R.

SB 69 and Sb 291 .. no hearings all session by House Public Policy ... only have 4 SB in here bit still no hearings

You ninja-posted me again Bill! I saw SB 263 had no committee hearing scheduled. Looks like Ed Committee is going to try to get some bills through on Monday. SB 346 Students with disabilities (dyslexic students and standardized testing) is one of the bills up for amend and vote on the 24th.

I know this isn't in our lane as 2A advocates but I was in the committee hearing because this bill was before SB 263. I really felt for the parents who testified and for Senator Houchin (the bill's author and Mom of a dyslexic child.) I hope SB 346 passes.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    On the Gun Guy Show last evening it sounded like SB 263 is dead. Looks like it's time to start preparing for the run at Constitutional Carry in 2021.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    New speaker next year. ... 2 days left ... not much movement at all ... sometimes I would say that shows that our system is working ... because they are not taking more from ua. ... not sure this is true this session ...

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    New speaker next year. ... 2 days left ... not much movement at all ... sometimes I would say that shows that our system is working ... because they are not taking more from ua. ... not sure this is true this session ...

Bosma is boxing up his stuff. 10 months and we'll be discussing what's happening in the 2021 session.

Top Bottom