• ...and so much more!
  • rmw250

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 28, 2014
    Kokomo
    Out of curiosity, what brand call do you guys recommend? I currently have an older Icotec and two of the calls ( coyote female and male howl ) currently don’t work and was going to upgrade. A majority of my hunting land is open fields and pastures, so one with decent but not overpowering range and volume is needed to call from surrounding woods.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    My first was a Primos alpha dog. It worked great as long as the batteries were 100%. At 95%, the sound would get distorted. Now I'm using the Foxpro shockwave and MFK calls.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I stand. I start when it gets dark and quit when I'm bored or when I have to in order to get a few hours sleep before work.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    It really depends...

Coyotes are driven by the three "F's" - food, fighting, and fornicating. Figure out what they're in the mood for and your odds improve. I typically call 20-30 minutes per stand. If there's no activity, I move on to the next stand.

rmw250

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 28, 2014
    Kokomo
    In my areas the “prime time” right now is around 11 a.m and 9 p.m. Every area is different and changes through the year. Use of trail cams is great for narrowing down these windows. I agree with above about 20-30 min and then move on down the road to the next spot.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    +1

He just went out ten minutes ago and already shot one. I heard the shot and then he texted...we'll see now if he comes back in or stays out for more.

Top Bottom