• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    Lets share our pictures of deer we are seeing on our trail cameras. I'll start this off with a nice 10 pointer. You cannot tell from these two shots but he has split G2's. I check my camera once a month, lots of smaller bucks and does but this guy is the top dog.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I will play.
    WGI_0098.jpg

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I don't have to go very far to see them here. Regular visitors in my yard, but the guy in the middle hadn't been seen for a while so it was nice to see him return.

STC_0031_1.jpg
    [/IMG]

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    That's a nice rack for a young buck!

Our herd is definitely bouncing back. Two years ago, we weren't seeing any deer. Now, I see quite a few and the does have been bringing the fawns up into the yard for about a month now. We have eaten our share of venison over the years, but with the kids grown up and moved out a 1/4 of beef gets us through the year just fine. I started just feeding them in the winter a couple of years ago when we had tons of snow and they were having a harder time finding food. So now I provide a safe haven for the deer and some treats, and we get to enjoy watching them. I have another thread on here about the three-legged doe we have watched in our neighborhood for many years....she's a pretty amazing critter.

I agree though...this guy has a really nice rack for a young deer. I hope he gets to continue to grow and avoids getting shot.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    A yard full of deer how neat, must be tough to garden. I can't wait to see the pictures of the bob cats this year they are so pretty.

They eat my flowers but haven't had one in the garden for several years. I have a trick for keeping them out....free and easy. Simply tie plastic shopping bags to the top of the fence around the garden. I cut them in half vertically so they don't hold water when it rains, and they flap in the breeze. The deer don't like the sound of them or the movement they make and stay away from the garden completely. They only bother the flowers when they first come up and they recover so I can tolerate that if it means I get to watch my critters every day.

Pictures of the garden are in this thread...trying not to take this one off topic.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/great-outdoors/415931-garden-tricks.html

indybrad

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm thinking this is him beginning of the year.

And thinking this is him in 2014. First deer.

You'll notice he has a split brow the previous 2 years. If it's him, he didn't grow the split this year.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Thanks, and I'd say you are correct that those photos are of the same buck. He looks like he is at least 3.5 or 4.5 in 2014 which would make him at least 5.5 or 6.5 now and it looks like he has probably increased his score a bit each year.

1988-4551

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    Those are some nice bucks. Don't have any to share yet, but have one of my little hunting partner and I leaving our trail cam...

WGI_0010 - Copy.JPG

Top Bottom